Mr Sam Posted May 24, 2007 Report Posted May 24, 2007 went into halfords a month or so ago and one of them comes out says how cool the car is asks about my plans for it then yesterday in another halfords im walking around and one of them comes up to me (im wearing a PPC t-shirt walking round the ripspeed section laughing) 'scuse me mate is that black fiesta yours' he loved its ratty ness and said he owned the supra (2 tone thing full of speakers and screens) i just said....yeah i went off them when i found a mk1 escort with 150 brake is just as fast as a supra with 400 brake........oh he replied and then went on to tell me he also has a wollesly he's 'rodding' so my respect for him went back up and i bought a big gay chav gauge that lights up in 7 different colours it does however give me the correct rpm of the engine (my old one is well out) and has a setable shift light some halfords guys are okay and do know what a real car is
GT_Jim Posted May 24, 2007 Report Posted May 24, 2007 used to get alot of interest at halfords when i went there in the cortina
Mr Sam Posted May 24, 2007 Author Report Posted May 24, 2007 bet there allways a bit when the car isnt a saxo/106
Jimbob-Squarepants © Posted May 24, 2007 Report Posted May 24, 2007 How much was that gauge Sammy boy??? BTW, the vast majority of people round my way (inc. Halfrauds monkeys) are just not bothered by the sight of a Capri or Anglia. Most people are just boring a*seholes who will beep when your broken down and not help push. But saying that, what do I expect. The immigrants are starting to outweigh everyone else, Junkies and theifs everywhere.. no wonder. BTW, we and a few neighbours have had cars vandalised over the last couple of months, nice and quiet here, never been a big Police prescence... what did I see last night??? At the bottom of a massive hill that I live on top of at 1:30am... Police doing a speed trap WTF There is no-one about at that time. They have always been called with the recent probs form my neighbours, and at a time when most theiving scum would be out doing their thang, where are the Police??? Sitting 5 minuites away pointing a speed gun at an empty road. Nice to know where my feckin' taxes are going Sorry for the rant Sam... one thing lead to another LOL... Sorry Daggle, I know most of you do a good job, but as I said before, there will always be a minority that will give the rest of the Police a bad name.
GT_Jim Posted May 24, 2007 Report Posted May 24, 2007 bet there allways a bit when the car isnt a saxo/106 it was ok for me as i worked there
ZetecVan 2.0 Posted May 24, 2007 Report Posted May 24, 2007 I went there to get a starter for my Zetec conversion and the guy was great. When I told him what I was doing he paused, then said 'wow. I like old fords. My first car was a Mk1 Escort. I wrote it off when I rolled it driving like an idiot'.
Mr Sam Posted May 24, 2007 Author Report Posted May 24, 2007 it was £39.99 and im well chuffed with it gonna make my own external shift light though as the one supplied is just an LED in a little pod gonna try rig one into the dials somewhere
mk2_escort_chick Posted May 24, 2007 Report Posted May 24, 2007 My dad has that one in his mk3 fez and... I used to be a Halfords monkey and so did Dean! That's how we met
Noodles Posted May 24, 2007 Report Posted May 24, 2007 Those gauges were £25 when I worked there me dad got one I only worked there for discount got a full Spax RSX kit for the tig for £250 retail was £550 every one chipped in on me bday so I got a carbon air box at £150
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now