-
Posts
6,190 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Events
Everything posted by ZetecVan 2.0
-
Whose is the Anglia Van on the club stand?
ZetecVan 2.0 replied to ZetecVan 2.0's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
My van is currently off the road, with an ECU issue so I won't be taking it anywhere... -
Whose is the Anglia Van on the club stand?
ZetecVan 2.0 replied to ZetecVan 2.0's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
Hello! If I can find my old pics of it I'll post them. Have you owned it long? -
Whose is the Anglia Van on the club stand?
ZetecVan 2.0 replied to ZetecVan 2.0's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
Yep. Not sure which other shows I'll be going to this year... But I'll let you know -
Whose is the Anglia Van on the club stand?
ZetecVan 2.0 replied to ZetecVan 2.0's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
I was only on the next stand. You could have come over to see me. Or we're you too busy drinking your warm beer? -
Whose is the Anglia Van on the club stand?
ZetecVan 2.0 replied to ZetecVan 2.0's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
Ken, that first picture may be one of mine. It was taken in Keighley in September 1990 on an Anglia owners club meet. If I recall, my saloon is the last in line. -
Whose is the signwritten Anglia van reg JUB413E? When I got my first Anglia in 1990, that van regularly came to events organised around the Leeds area. I'm sure it was grey then. I'm sure I have some photos of it from around that time which I'll try and find.
-
Originality - Where do you draw the line?
ZetecVan 2.0 replied to Rally Pack 2000's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
If it's an original car I would loath to modify it. I used to own Alan Manns 107E Prefect (reg 33KKR) when it was an unmodified, totally original, never welded, one owner, 42,000 miler car. I personally wouldn't have modified it, but now it is I don't feel any anger or bitterness, because he's done a quality job. Had a conversation with my work colleague this morning about me putting a cage into the Anglia I am restoring. He said 'Won't the purists complain?'. I said 'Yeah probably but I've rescued this car from the scrap yard so I can do what I want with it'. So in a nutshell, if it's mostly original, I would keep it as original as possible. If it was a shell or have done loads of welding to it, modify away! -
Not forgetting the Falklands. What gets me is all the hatred being spouted on Twitter. From 20-30 year olds who wouldn't even remember her in power. Amazing how bitter people can get by having their milk taken off them.
-
I was looking at a thread yesterday on Retro Rides where a guy is doing exactly the same thing with a Mazda MX5 and a Mini Clubman Estate. It's going to be epic when it's finished. http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.c ... ead=144316
-
I've watched all this series. It just gets better and better
-
Thank you for your patience. The forum has been ungraded to the latest version of PHPBB. If you notice any strange things happen since the upgrade, please report it in the support room and we'll take a look at it. Cheers!
-
What a weekend....of breakdowns.
ZetecVan 2.0 replied to ZetecVan 2.0's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
No worries! -
What a weekend....of breakdowns.
ZetecVan 2.0 replied to ZetecVan 2.0's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
Love this pic with the Ford sign in the background Glad you got home eventually We were going to go in and ask for a zetec cam cover and gasket as that's where it was leaking from. The yellow one broke down on the way there. The other breakdowns were on the way home. -
We had organised a convoy consisting of the following cars (most of them belong to one man!) Yellow Mk2 Escort (Freshly Restored) Mk2 Lotus Cortina Mk1 Escort Mk2 Escort Popular Mk2 Escort Ghia Mk1 Fiesta Anglia Van Mk1 German Transit Mk2 Transit with trailer with RS200 We set off and got three miles before we had our first breakdown. The Yellow Mk2 decided to spill its oil all over. It was just a loose connection, so once tightened we were on our way. A few miles along the M62 we pulled over again. The Mk2 again. The same problem. Got it sorted and set off again. We hit the A1 and pulled over. The yellow Mk2. This time a knocking. After a bit of looking around everything looked fine so we set off. Soon after, we pulled over again. The yellow Mk2 again. Paranoia was setting in and it was nothing. We carried on. The tank on my van is small and can only do about 120 miles. I was getting low on fuel and needed to stop. I saw a sign for services and pulled in. It was only a truckstop. The carpark was very dusty, so it would be rude not to do a few doughnuts. And I was joined by Jon in the blue Mk2. Then we got chased away by an angry truck driver who punched the side of my van. I didn't stop to argue with him but no damage was done. Got to the pod. Beer. Food. Dodgems. Beer. Sleep. After the show joined the queue to leave. My van overheated before we'd left. Topped it up outside. Drove to fill up. Because of the stop start stop start and turning my engine off and on, and the heat of the engine, it wouldn't start, so we had to bump it. Then the cortina overheated so we sat in Tescos for half an hour. We set off and drove about a mile before the Mk2 Transit towing the RS200 stopped on the sliproad. I didn't stop because of my starting issue, but the gesticulations indicated the car had moved on the trailer. I plodded along at a steady 70. Joined the M1. Got to junction 20 and I heard a drumming. Pulled over. Exploded tyre. And I'd not brought my wheel brace. I rang Jon who was still at the site of the previous breakdown and it took about 50 minutes for him to arrive. Swiftly swapped wheels and got a move on. The Cortina had broken down again and was being recovered. Jon had left them to it. We stopped for petrol further on, and got a call that the Mk2 Transit had spilt its fluids all over, and that was being recovered. Finally got home at 9.30, about 6 hours after leaving the OSF stand.
-
NAVIGATOR WANTED: The Countdown Navigational Rally (Cumbria)
ZetecVan 2.0 replied to Dan492's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
I'd put myself forward but I can't do it that weekend. Can they re-arrange the event for the following weekend?? Good luck with it! -
==OLDSKOOLFORD FORD FAIR thank you NOW WITH VIDEO++
ZetecVan 2.0 replied to Posse's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
I'm not a real fan of Ford Fair but had a good enough day out. Highlight must have been when our friends two boys (aged 8 and 10) wanted their photo taken with the Maxxis girls. As she was crouching down to pose, Mark (with the RS200) shouted 'Grab her arse!' much to the amusement of the crowd (and the girl herself). Also managed to get in convoy with some Focus RS's on the way home for about 20 miles, who weren't exactly keeping to the speed limit. -
When I was down at the garage today, they had a Mk2 Festa up on the ramps. It belongs to the son of a mate. When the work had been finished, we took this video to show him what good care they take of their customers cars after the work has been complete. x7S0X0P0lK0 (Had to use the strap as the first attempt broke the handbrake. Feel the power!)
-
OSF Stand - Retro Rides Gathering - Sunday August 21st
ZetecVan 2.0 replied to HoTWire's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
Lets get a list going. 1. ZetecVan -
****FORD FAIR 7TH AUGUST OLDSKOOLFORD STAND****
ZetecVan 2.0 replied to Posse's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
Have you used the shop before? I'll have to have a look when I get home tonight as I can't access the database directly from work. -
****FORD FAIR 7TH AUGUST OLDSKOOLFORD STAND****
ZetecVan 2.0 replied to Posse's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
No, it wasn't there. It is now: The Shop -
****FORD FAIR 7TH AUGUST OLDSKOOLFORD STAND****
ZetecVan 2.0 replied to Posse's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
1. posse x1 ticket x1 stand pass. 2. tilbrook x2 tickets x1 stand pass 3. scootlife 2 tickets and 2 stand passes please 4. RossMk2 2 stand passes (one is for madmexmike) and 5 tickets 5. SebringRS 1 stand pass and 2 tickets 6. 442 x3 tickets and 2 stand passes please ( 1 for Lukey) 7. leecccmk1 2x tickets & 1x stand pass please 8. Harrier Ian 1x ticket & 1x stand pass please. 9. co30 1x stand pass 1x ticket please 10. popears x1 ticket x1 pass 11. nickb 2x tickets & 1x stand pass please 12. lurch914 4x stand passes & 2 tickets please 13. rallyesport 04 1 stand pass an 2 tickets maybe 3 14. fezza x1 ticket x1 stand pass 15. Willsy x1 ticket x1 stand pass 16. Daft Lad Picko x2 tickets x1 stand pass 17. JP. x2 tickets x1 stand pass 18. KJ 1320 x3 tickets x1 stand pass 19. payne'e. x1 ticket x1 stand pass 20. terrywatts1987 2x tickets & 2x stand pass 21. mk2 Mike 2x tickets & 1 stand pass 22. rsdaz 1 ticket & 1 stand pass please 23. PlopPlop x1 stand pass please 24. ADY x1 ticket please 25. Rakas17 x1 ticket x1 stand pass please 26. RallyAndy x4 tickets x2 stand passes please 27. mental_mex1972 3x stand pass please 28. 2skool4cool 2x tickets one stand pass please 29. Zac.gfc 2x tickets, 1x stand pass please 30. ZetecVan 3x tickets 3x stand pass please -
North East Ride Out Hartside Cafe Sunday 17th July
ZetecVan 2.0 replied to Synergy's topic in SHOWS, EVENTS & MEETS
Me and a couple of other reprobates should be coming up... -
like your style u know what they just ended and the same bloke has msg me saying ill give ya £105, so ive just told him im gonna weigh them in haha I'll give you £110 for them if you can deliver...