Osgood Isgood Posted September 15, 2007 Report Posted September 15, 2007 longest road trip you have ever done driving from england? Back in 87 I had a new XR2 and took my (then) Mrs and daughter to the south of France (and back) in it. Trouble was I planned the route down through the mountains and although I used a piece of string on the map to work out the distance I forgot to take into account the climb up and down every effing mountain.....took a lifetime to get there! that made me giggle I thought I had been so effing clever as well.....
Burns Posted September 15, 2007 Report Posted September 15, 2007 not taken my car abroad yet i guess the longest would be 300 miles each way to pick the bloody thing up
Osgood Isgood Posted September 15, 2007 Report Posted September 15, 2007 He is my step son. His mum came too. It's a bit of a squeeze in the cab.As for being his hero - no chance. If it doesn't take batteries or have a TV screen then he's not the slightest bit interested! I've got that t-shirt myself mate....my eldest boy drives me crackers with his poxy play-box-station (or whatever it's called)....mind you there is some hope, he's got into golf big time lately so at least he's out doors some of the time! ( By the way, I bet deep-down the boy does think your pretty cool, it just aint cool for him to show it that's all )
Mr.Sumo Posted September 15, 2007 Report Posted September 15, 2007 As an ex-international driver , i have driven as far North as Tampere in Finland , Stockholm in Sweden and as far South as Morocco , North Africa . And when i was touring i have driven Czech , Hungary , Poland , Austria , Italy all in one tour Do i win a prize....
Posse Posted September 15, 2007 Author Report Posted September 15, 2007 Nice one ian how long did it take you to get back from Italy
tim Posted September 15, 2007 Report Posted September 15, 2007 530 miles in 3days,oxford to the lakes,round the lakes and home again,most the trip was with loads of other escorts
Mr.Sumo Posted September 16, 2007 Report Posted September 16, 2007 Nice one ian how long did it take you to get back from Italy normally takes 2 days m8.... depends on which mountain is open because of the snow !
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now