Posse Posted September 13, 2007 Report Posted September 13, 2007 longest road trip you have ever done driving from england?
bomber1 Posted September 13, 2007 Report Posted September 13, 2007 i use to drive vans. done guildford > amsterdam and back in 24hrs
Guest cortinamad-gonetoo Posted September 13, 2007 Report Posted September 13, 2007 mines not really leaving england to stranrear and back in one journey to pick kids up from x its long enough for me used to do it in my 1.3 mk2 escort reguarlly
BIGKEV Posted September 13, 2007 Report Posted September 13, 2007 15.5 hours driving in my old 1.3 pop plus - drove up to the wilds of scotland one afternoon at 3pm and drove back again - wasnt supposed to stop but had to as I had the inner tube come through the wall of the tyre and it made a funny noise when I got to 56mph.... was at work the next morning too - bloody stupid really.
4parajon Posted September 14, 2007 Report Posted September 14, 2007 South of France & back. Quality if you like driving, highly reccomend it.......even if you were thinking of driving further
H.P.E harry Posted September 14, 2007 Report Posted September 14, 2007 Went upto sheffeild whan all the floods where happening and it took me and my mrs 7 and a half hours to get up there! To say i was stressed out was an understatement.
johnny_h Posted September 14, 2007 Report Posted September 14, 2007 When I was in the army I used to drive to germany quite often. I was the calais rally record holder. Just over 4 hours from calais to hannover. A couple of years ago I drove to Ibiza I love drivin!
Admin Mk2Jo Posted September 14, 2007 Admin Report Posted September 14, 2007 I was the calais rally record holder. Just over 4 hours from calais to hannover. I bet you never stopped for a wee on the autobahn's either
GT_Jim Posted September 14, 2007 Report Posted September 14, 2007 10hrs solid notts to newquay in the cortina which killed my back
ZetecVan 2.0 Posted September 14, 2007 Report Posted September 14, 2007 I've never driven abroad. The longest trip I've done in one day was to Maidstone and back to pick up a 107E Prefect on a trailor. 60mph there and back.
flyingbanana Posted September 14, 2007 Report Posted September 14, 2007 never driven out of the uk...but done a few 10hrs drives at work(limted)...going up to scotland on a sunday then drive around scotland all week and head home on the friday
Anglia68 Posted September 14, 2007 Report Posted September 14, 2007 Years ago I took part in a charity drive to the threee capitals of England,Scotland and Wales driving Escorts,mostly Mk2's. We started off at mid-night in Brum,drove up to Edinburgh,stopped for tea and sandwichs at a police station where we had to sign in to prove we had got there,then drove down to London,had a police escort through the city to Bow Street Police station where again we signed on and had more tea and biscuits then went over to Cardiff and finally back to Brum in just under 24 hours.All Escorts behaved themselves and I can't remember any serious breakdowns at all even after over 1000miles of virtually none stop driving. Hard work but bl**dy good fun but don't ask me to do it again.
Daveyboy20 Posted September 14, 2007 Report Posted September 14, 2007 We just drove from the Wirral (NW England) to Monaco in 2 300zx's. Was class - i only drove a small amount though
Osgood Isgood Posted September 14, 2007 Report Posted September 14, 2007 longest road trip you have ever done driving from england? Back in 87 I had a new XR2 and took my (then) Mrs and daughter to the south of France (and back) in it. Trouble was I planned the route down through the mountains and although I used a piece of string on the map to work out the distance I forgot to take into account the climb up and down every effing mountain.....took a lifetime to get there! It was a great trip though.....ironically my Daughter who was then aged 5 made the whole trip without any probs, untill we stopped at our local shop when we got back for milk etc, and she promptly threw up all over the back seats..bless her! She's 25 now and got an Alfa and I always threaten to return the favour!!!!
sab6024 Posted September 14, 2007 Report Posted September 14, 2007 I've never driven out of the UK. I did drive up to my mates place in Aylesbury from Newquay for a coffee and a chat one night and then drove home again She never lets me forget it either
bronze4door Posted September 14, 2007 Report Posted September 14, 2007 i once drove my dads 405 to edinburgh one staurday nite coz i was bored and a friends girlfriend was there and he payed for all the fuel as well we then left him there and came home the next morning after about two hours kip in the car
RUSTYPUP Posted September 14, 2007 Report Posted September 14, 2007 I've just come back from camping in France in my truck. We drove to the west coast and round Loire valley. It was great and the truck was good as gold. Not sure how far it was, but think it was 7 tank fulls!
Osgood Isgood Posted September 14, 2007 Report Posted September 14, 2007 Just you and your lad? That sounds like heaven! With that truck as well, I bet you are Superdad to the boy... (maybe I am doing you an injustice and it's your younger brother, either way I bet you are his hero)
RUSTYPUP Posted September 14, 2007 Report Posted September 14, 2007 Just you and your lad? That sounds like heaven! With that truck as well, I bet you are Superdad to the boy... (maybe I am doing you an injustice and it's your younger brother, either way I bet you are his hero) He is my step son. His mum came too. It's a bit of a squeeze in the cab. As for being his hero - no chance. If it doesn't take batteries or have a TV screen then he's not the slightest bit interested!
Mr Sam Posted September 14, 2007 Report Posted September 14, 2007 longest road trip you have ever done driving from england? Back in 87 I had a new XR2 and took my (then) Mrs and daughter to the south of France (and back) in it. Trouble was I planned the route down through the mountains and although I used a piece of string on the map to work out the distance I forgot to take into account the climb up and down every effing mountain.....took a lifetime to get there! that made me giggle Leicester to Brechin in a day 350 odd miles in the old fezza a week after buying it less than a month after passing my test A1 through the borders is awsome!
antz Posted September 14, 2007 Report Posted September 14, 2007 most ive ever done is scarborough to santa pod, then onto coventry.......only abut 250miles in my escort (that was the day of retro show!) other than that i think i covered nearly 500 miles in a weekend about 3 weeks ago
MK II Mark Posted September 14, 2007 Report Posted September 14, 2007 Me and my mate(Pro Trials rider), drove from Buxton to San Sebastian in Spain then across the Zaragozza Desert to Barcelona then upto Gerona. Took but five days all in all, we were in an eight tonner... Good trip with fond memories.
Nettles Posted September 14, 2007 Report Posted September 14, 2007 My two longest road trips were Kent to John o'Groats for my mate Dave's stag doo in 2004, And also Kent to Lands End for my best mate Jerry's stag doo in 2006. Both trips were done by bike and still make me laugh when I think about them.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now