rsdaz Posted January 13, 2010 Report Posted January 13, 2010 i want to fit slightly wider tyres on my 7 inch rims that i have on my mk1,so i thinkl i am going to need a shorter axle. i know you can use an anglia axle but wonderd if ther was anything else i can do to get a bit more clearance.
rsdaz Posted January 13, 2010 Author Report Posted January 13, 2010 at the moment i have 175 50 13s but im getting fed up with the ultra low profile so would like 185 or 175 60's
samurai Posted January 13, 2010 Report Posted January 13, 2010 I have yet to fit my 7.5 x pack wheels....i wonder if 205's with 60 profiles fit with the anglia axle i have coming.
Toby Posted January 14, 2010 Report Posted January 14, 2010 I have machined a little metal off the inside of wheels on mine and a mates. Ask whoever made your wheels how much is safe to remove - I took 8mm off the inside of my Comp ML's. Makes enough of a difference.
huxmk1estate Posted January 14, 2010 Report Posted January 14, 2010 Or fit bubble arches very early mk1 cortina axles are 30mm shorter, i had one on my old estate
rsdaz Posted January 14, 2010 Author Report Posted January 14, 2010 i like the idea of machining the wheels,sounds easier than changing the axle.
V8ian Posted January 15, 2010 Report Posted January 15, 2010 Or fit bubble arches very early mk1 cortina axles are 30mm shorter, i had one on my old estate I wondered this for years, my Pre airflow had 5.5s on the back, they allways looked a bit lost, I asked who should have been in the know at the time, but I never had it confirmed, As for the Escort with anglia axle, I have 7" superlites on the back of my boys Mk1, they look lost, im/he is saving up for some 8s, the other option is the anglia van axle whch I beleive is 2" wider than the car, which, May be the same as the Classic, but that needs confirming.
samurai Posted January 15, 2010 Report Posted January 15, 2010 Or fit bubble arches very early mk1 cortina axles are 30mm shorter, i had one on my old estate I wondered this for years, my Pre airflow had 5.5s on the back, they allways looked a bit lost, I asked who should have been in the know at the time, but I never had it confirmed, As for the Escort with anglia axle, I have 7" superlites on the back of my boys Mk1, they look lost, im/he is saving up for some 8s, the other option is the anglia van axle whch I beleive is 2" wider than the car, which, May be the same as the Classic, but that needs confirming. I have a anglia van axle coming next week for my escort so i can fit my 7.5inch wheels
sambo Posted January 15, 2010 Report Posted January 15, 2010 I have machined a little metal off the inside of wheels on mine and a mates. Ask whoever made your wheels how much is safe to remove - I took 8mm off the inside of my Comp ML's. Makes enough of a difference. Thats my plan for when my new 15X8's arrive And if i keep the car of course!!
wild pete Posted January 15, 2010 Report Posted January 15, 2010 yea it is the anglia van axle you need they are 46"
Toby Posted January 16, 2010 Report Posted January 16, 2010 Thats my plan for when my new 15X8's arrive And if i keep the car of course!! Oh dear mate. Feeling the pinch, or on to grasses greener?
rsdaz Posted January 16, 2010 Author Report Posted January 16, 2010 Let me know if I can be of help cheers mate i appreciate it if i cant get enough off the wheels them might see if i can squeeze some 8' ml's under there with a shorter axle
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now