Synergy Posted March 19, 2010 Report Posted March 19, 2010 I am thinking about buying a private plate for my baby daughters future, if I buy one am I right in thinking I can put it on retention rather than on a car? How long can I do this for as I won't need to put it on a car for another 16 years?
morcheen Posted March 19, 2010 Report Posted March 19, 2010 can be on retention as long as you like,they are still getting their cash out of you you can always put it on you car till she has her own
Admin Mk2Jo Posted March 19, 2010 Admin Report Posted March 19, 2010 See here : http://www.theplatemarket.com/how_to_re ... _plate.php
Synergy Posted March 19, 2010 Author Report Posted March 19, 2010 can be on retention as long as you like,they are still getting their cash out of you you can always put it on you car till she has her own Thanks for that I thought about putting it on a car but the plate I want for her is a 59 (she was born September last year) and I don't see a time in the near future when I'll own a car new enough to put it on, so it would have to sit on retention. Is the retention fee annual?
Synergy Posted March 19, 2010 Author Report Posted March 19, 2010 See here : http://www.theplatemarket.com/how_to_re ... _plate.php
Synergy Posted March 19, 2010 Author Report Posted March 19, 2010 £155 for three years, that £880 for nothing but reserving a flipping number for 16 years , legalised robbery, thieving ****
mk1v4 Posted March 19, 2010 Report Posted March 19, 2010 you could find the cheapest moped on a 59 plate and put it on that then stick the moped in the shed for 16 years then you would have to mot the moped in 2025 and transfer the plate and you would have a classic moped to sell ( you never know it could be worth more like fs1e are )
Synergy Posted March 19, 2010 Author Report Posted March 19, 2010 That's a freaking great idea I found one for under £500 bargin
FredTransit Posted March 19, 2010 Report Posted March 19, 2010 Or put it on some scrapper with T&T, report it stolen, after 3 years you can claim the number. There won't be any insurance co claiming it, cos you won't insure it, the number is registered to you and stays in your name until you tell the DVLA otherwise. Just keep it on SORN till you are ready to claim it! I heard this used to work, you just need to check the 3 year rule still applies.
Synergy Posted March 19, 2010 Author Report Posted March 19, 2010 A 59 plate scrapper, where do I find one of them cheap then
FredTransit Posted March 19, 2010 Report Posted March 19, 2010 Yeah sorry good point DOH! I was thinking of it as an older plate.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now