Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

about 5- 6weeks ago we were informed at work that there was going to be a redundancy , which was between me and another lad i work with . Around 3 weeks ago the HR bloke came to the branch and gave us both some forms and we were told we were on a 2 weeks consultation period and he'd return in 2 weeks time (last thursday)and the unlucky one would be made redundant with immediate affect etc etc . Now there was a problem last week and the HR bloke didn't turn up , so now were left with not knowing when and if someone would be made redundant . I'm off next week so i think they have postponed it so they have cover for next week , but they still can't give us a date when the decision will be made :? Life is kinda on hold as don't dare make any plans as i could be out of a job tomorrow , or the next day etc . Is there anyone i can speak to to see if its right what they are doing ?

  • Admin
Posted

Why don't you go to your line manager or some other higher person and just say that you appreciate that redundancies have to be made but as you were going on holiday it is casting a shadow over your time off and causing you a bit of stress and could they see their way to making the decision either way :?:thumbsup:

 

What a shit though mate :sad:

Posted

Are you going away on holiday or just time off work ??

 

If its just time you've booked off as holiday I'd cancel as they'll take the money out of your redundancy, or most likely you'll owe them if your holiday year starts in April.

Posted

i've taken time off as i'm selling my house and need time off to sort things out. I've spoken to the branch manager and he says theres nothing he can do as its just waiting on the bloke from head office to turn up but he can't give a definate date . So it could be tomorrow or 6 weeks time :? To make it worse i've missed out on another job whilst waiting to find out whats happening , wish i'd just taken it now

Posted

I would get looking for another job pronto....Thats a shite situation and dosn't seem fair at all to keep you dangling on a string. I would seek advise from the Citizens Advise Beureau or similar cos that sounds mighty unfair to me. Hope you get another job first and then you can tell them to go fook themselves....Good luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...