Andrade Posted June 22, 2010 Report Posted June 22, 2010 I am considering purchasing a mk2 capri but the wipers don't work. trying to turn them on there is definately a humming sound coming from the dash as if the motor is working but the wipers wont move. Also moving the wipers around by hand they offer very little resistance. could it be the linkages are disconnected and the motor still works? I have no idea on how a capri wiper motor looks
Pipster007 Posted June 22, 2010 Report Posted June 22, 2010 I had a MK3 Capri a few yrs ago and the wipers stopped working because the nut fell of the motor linkage. I'm imagining the MK3 will be the same as a MK2 Have a look under the dashboard and you should see the motor and the linkage. You should just be able to re-mount the linage to the motor spindle and replace the nut to tighten it up Have a look at that 1st
Andrade Posted June 22, 2010 Author Report Posted June 22, 2010 I had a MK3 Capri a few yrs ago and the wipers stopped working because the nut fell of the motor linkage. Thanks pipster that sounds similar to what the owner said. but he doesnt realy know anything about cars so i thought i'd better double check since i know the linkages on the anglia are more difficult to separate from the wiper motor cheers
SAF_Capri Posted June 22, 2010 Report Posted June 22, 2010 If that doesnt work, i belive there is relay that 'latches' them on or off, it may be latched off at the moment, regardless of the switch position. dont hold me to it, but wortha look.
JP. Posted June 22, 2010 Report Posted June 22, 2010 I'm imagining the MK3 will be the same as a MK2 : Allmost.........the mk3 had interval while the mk2 had not. Connectors are also differend. mk2 is the same as mk1 facelift.....well in Holland it is.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now