More door LHD project

Here are some pictures of the more door I bought in January with a view to do up ie for race but then bought a 2dr & decided to do that instead!

I bought this car complete on French plates registered it on English plates a few hundred quid later. started to strip & sell parts from it a bit premature I know considering it was still Mot & taxed & regretted it .

I had a change of heart to use it for a while, while I start the 2dr project, so I lowered it 2" all round & treated it to a set of rmd 6x13 minilight lookies

& 185/60/13 nankang tyres & also had it tidied up where it had some rust & a dent in the front wing due to me trying to drive it off with the wheel clamp still on :sad::oops::x:lol: I have also bought back the parts I removed & will eventually bolt it all back on anyway here it is & I am sure you will agree that it looks the nuts :ykt:

moredoor002.jpg

moredoor006.jpg

moredoor001.jpg

I will sell this at sometime but for know I am going to get some enjoyment out of it after all the time effort & money spent to get it looking like this..

Watch this space..

Jeff Harris..

Very nice jeff,maybe just a small warm x-flow in there is all it needs :lol::twisted:

Hey Leon, I have considered doing a 1600 for it but I don`t think its practical when I am going to sell it at some stage soon!

Maybe if I had someone interested in it that wanted me to fit a 1600 then I might.

I bet if anyone drove this car & didn`t know that it was a 1300 would swear it was a 1600 as it is realy quick.

I was talking to a few lads the other day at Sanspeed & one of them said would you consider converting it to a right hand drive of which I replied yes I would & Peter of Sanspeed said I wouldn`t because I think its good to be different & in any case its a rarer car as a LHD!

I suppose he`s right in a way but then I would agree because I own it & want to sell at some stage..

Jeff Harris..

A sleeper is a wolf in sheeps clothing. I.e innocent looking but fast as fook :mrgreen:

Doh :oops: what a Richard.. thanks Dave

Its one of those situations where I don`t plan on putting a Wolf under the bonnet :ykt: but the longer I keep it the more I will be tempted..

I have all the parts to make this car a real animal & it would be interesting to see what it would run at the Pod..

I feel gutted to be selling this car whenever that is,especially after bigging up what I had in mind for it & I know James is as well but now having the 2dr I can have some fun myself like the rest of my Family instead of being a by stander..

Jeff Harris.

Looks nice jeff, shame to see it go but i think the 2 door is probably the better car for a project being right hand drive aswell. James was round mine a couple of weeks ago in his, he left two black lines down my road :lol:

Hi Harry..

Oh did he now thats my engine in there lol thats what it was built for & glad to see that he`s using it as that was the intention instead of just the Pod etc..

We originally bought this car more the fact that it was LHD for running it at the pod & Brighton speed trials because it would be better as the driver is on the side that the engine wants to lift so quicker times rather than lifting the wheels off the ground.

If money was no object I would like to build this car into the best 4dr & definately the fastest but then it would take away the money i want to spend on the 2dr, oh well.

Jeff Harris.