Gearboxes

Tangomk2

I have a 1.6 crossflow with a type 2 box which I have to be mindful of putting in 1st gear incase I put it in reverse.ive  been offered one but it's from a 1.3l will this make any difference in strength or are they basically the same  ? He also has a english axle from the same car not sure on ratio yet just wasn't sure if they would be man enough for a larger engine any feed back will be much appreciated thanks in advance 👍

That’s more a problem with the lever than the box. I’ve had only one with a worn block in the tail shaft to cause any issues. A 1.3 box is not the same as 1.6 box as far as ratios go unless it’s a sport or 13e box

English axle will take a fair amount stick, so unless your putting a cossie turbo through it you shouldn’t experience any problems.

Edited by colr6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Tangomk2 said:

I did buy a quick shift to solve the problem but apparently there's something missing in the tail but the garage couldn't source the part

The reverse stop in the tail shaft is in the pic, if that piece is broken or warn it would give you the problem. I’ve not heard of one breaking or getting that worn. I could try and remove this one if it’s any good to you.

AB962017-2028-4693-89A3-8A546B409675.jpeg