Vin identification

webmex

Hi All

Looking to buy an RS2000 mk2

I've been given the chassis number but not the reg number, I've got pics if the car but doesn't show me anything. So my question is where can I find info on chassis numbers.

I did read years ago that they built between certain numbers but I remember where

Any help would be appreciated 

Cheers

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum

There used to be a guide on Classic Ford Mag's website that helped with understanding the info on a chassis plate, I am not aware though of any information on RS2000's being built between certain chassis numbers and as the car serial number is specific to the year it was made rather than relative to all RS2000's ever built, I am not sure how that would work in practice anyway.

These days though, the critical thing is no longer just whether the car is a genuine RS or a replica, it's also whether the car you are looking at is actually the correct shell for the identity it is being sold with. 

Be very careful, do your homework and if you can, take someone with who knows these cars well to inspect it.

Welcome to the forum
There used to be a guide on Classic Ford Mag's website that helped with understanding the info on a chassis plate, I am not aware though of any information on RS2000's being built between certain chassis numbers and as the car serial number is specific to the year it was made rather than relative to all RS2000's ever built, I am not sure how that would work in practice anyway.
These days though, the critical thing is no longer just whether the car is a genuine RS or a replica, it's also whether the car you are looking at is actually the correct shell for the identity it is being sold with. 
Be very careful, do your homework and if you can, take someone with who knows these cars well to inspect it.
Thanks for that, Vista

I own a mk1 mex. I haven't had a mk2 for 23yrs and then nobody really bothered

I know it should have tramps and all the staffing bits on the shell. rear N/S chassis has no bolts, just holes (exhaust hanger)
Tunnel hole is further back is there anything else other than checking the chassis number against the shell when I get there
Cheers

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk