Jump to content

mk2 mike

Members
  • Posts

    3,266
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    44

Everything posted by mk2 mike

  1. I watched that too. It's just not right
  2. Did all the GL's come with square headlights like yours Tilbrook? The one I just bought has round healdights (although it has had a new front end so could have been changed then). It's been completely de-trimmed and resprayed so theres no chrome on it now. The reason i originally asked was when I spoke to an insurance company they had it listed as a 4 door, but i know their records aren't always correct. DVLA V5/HPI shows it as a 2 door.
  3. As above. I'd stick with 45's with 36mm choke unless you're in the realms of 180bhp or above then 48's with 38mm choke would be better. 50s are best on full blown race engines.
  4. Thanks chaps I'll take your advice and post in the section you mentioned. Cheers, Mike.
  5. Hi guys, I've been a member of the forum for a while but not posted much as I haven't had a Ford for a long time until today! However I'm mega excited as I’ve just bought a mk2 escort after years of promising myself another one. It’s been about 15 years since I last owned a ford, and way to long! My new one is a 2 door 1.6 GL (was 1.3 originally) apparently has less than 60,000 miles from new and only 750 since engine rebuild. It’s had some done work done to it already as listed here,(Taken from the advert) - Recaro Front Seats Which Have Been Re-Trimmed As Have the Rear Seats Capri 2.8 Bilstien Front Legs With Vented Discs And Callipers Capri 2.8 Rear 9 Inch Drums All Pads And Shoes And Wheel Cylinders Have Been Replaced Front Springs Lowered 1 And A Half Inches Rear Springs Lowered 2 Inches All Bushes On Front And Rear Have Been Replaced Anti Dive Kit New Steering Rack ,Bottom Arms , Track Rod Ends Alley Cat Alloys With Centres Painted Same As Body Colour Brand New Original Ford 4 Branch Manifold Sports Exhaust Complete Engine Over Haul New Radiator New Alternator, Starter Motor, Water Pump New Top Wing Rail, New Front Wings, Front Panel And Bonnet Both Outer Door Skins Replaced, Boot Lid De-Locked And Fitted With Both Electric And Manual Opening Battery In Boot New Twin Choke Webber with new k&n filter Painted in mica red It’s really clean and straight but needs a few touches to get it how I want it. With that in mind I have a few questions I’m hoping you experienced people may be able to help with. 1.It’s had all its badges removed prior to the re-spray. I’ve had a look on fleabay but there appears to be a few different sizes. Does anyone know what size the front oval grille badge and boot lid oval should be? Or any other recommended places to get these? 2.Is there a diagram available showing the position of the rear boot lid badges? 3.Are replacement VIN plates available? I’m sure there's loads more questions I’ll have as I get into it but I don’t want to be a pain and ask them all now! I’ll get some pics up when I collect it next weekend. Thanks in advance! Mike.
  6. You're a superstar! Thanks for the help! Mike.
  7. Hi all, I've got a quick question for you experienced people. Does anyone know if the mk2 GL model came in a 2 door, or was it only available in 4 doors? I've done a quick google search but couldnt find a definitive answer. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks, Mike.
  8. Gotta be this one imo. Cracking pic
  9. Looks great. Good price too. Know what you mean though, i still cringe when I think of the mk1's I got rid of for 200 quid years back
  10. Really don't know mate, sorry. Just going from that pic that I posted above.
  11. I don't have anymore pics, sorry. Thanks for all the replies so far though. On another forum we were talking about fave wheels (what a jet-set life i lead) and someone posted that pic. I've never seen one with the valve set in the spoke before and wondered if it was a genuine ford rim. Since discovered it came from this site which claims its a gp1 rim? http://www.turbosport.co.uk/showthread. ... loy-wheels
  12. Sorry for anither thread about RS type alloys but it will answer a question for me. Are they replicas? The valve looks dodgy to me! cheers
  13. Some good ideas there, thanks! A hidden cut off switch seems a must. Liking the parking between 2 other cars on full lock too. Thanks for all your help!
  14. Thanks for your replies. I was thinking mk1/2 escort or an anglia. Back in the 90's I had 3 mk2's and a mk1 stolen from me, but back then they were only a few hundred quid each and the classifieds were full of em! Leaving it outside isnt ideal, but the area is ok-ish, and it would be my daily driver so removing bits under the bonnet would be a hassle every time i pop out. Never thought of a tracker, but would consider one although I suspect they would be easier to detect/locate on an older car as opposed to a modern car with miles of wiring? Are those deadlocks still available to slow them getting into the car in the first place?
  15. Here's something I've been wondering as I'm looking to re-live my teens and get another old skool ford. What do you guys and girls use nowadays for security for your cars? I'm not in a position to lock it up in a garage, I'm going to have to leave it in a residents car park. Back in the old days (well 90's ) people were using yale deadlocks on the lower part of the door. Are these still available or is there something newer you can recommend? TIA, Mike.
  16. Good idea for a thread this Anyone know of my old fords? YMG 859T UGH 450W KUR 122V REP 300M
  17. Love this room! Anyone got any scans of old options/price lists for old fords? Would love to see the original options available and the prices at the time
  18. I wish! cgi.ebay.co.uk/9-MK1-Escorts-Yes-nine-2dr-MK1-ESCORT-s-RS-Rally_W0QQitemZ280409895924QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item4149bb73f4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 Seems good value to me, if only i had the spare cash!
  19. Spot on, thats great. Thanks for all your help. They do look 90's (which is when i got into escorts) which is why i was thinking about them! They do look as good as i remember!
  20. Has anyone got a pic of a mk2 with the blue motorsport 'tiger' stripes? I've googled it but could only find a capri, I'm trying to decide if i want them on mine or not. TIA, Mike
  21. Hi, I'm Mike. Just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself as I'm new to this forum. I haven't got a ford at the moment but my first car was a 1979 2 door 1100 mk2, which began my obsession with 'old skool fords' after that came a string of fords, another 2 mk2's, a mk1 mex, an angle box, another mk2, then an anglia estate before finally another mk1. All of them were modded in some way, ranging from just lowering with 4 spoke revolutions, to in the case of the 1100 putting a 1700 x-flow on twin 40's in, along with full cage, harnesses etc. After that I moved to BMW's as I wanted to stick with a RWD car, and had 4 of them since although now I'm thinking of getting another mk2 as a second/weekend car, which is why I'm here! I'd like to restore one but not sure if I have the time/skills to do it but hopefully I'll pick up a few hints or tips on here. I look forward to getting loads of advice from all you guys when it comes to eventually doing it!
×
×
  • Create New...