Jump to content

mk2 mike

Members
  • Posts

    3,266
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    44

Everything posted by mk2 mike

  1. Always the way! I thought i'd spend 2 minutes securing a loose wire the other day. 8 hours later i had the whole dash apart replacing most of the loom! Bloody cars!
  2. Nice one OHC, cheers Tempted to go for the lowest and stretch 175/50 and use sat nav for a speedo! anyone got any pics of 175/50 or 185/60 to compare?
  3. SCUM. gutted for you mate. I've had a few nicked back in the 90's and can remember clear as day the feeling i had when i looked outside and realised it had gone I check ebay several times a day, if i see any bits like you described i'll let you know.
  4. For tyre size on standard RS 4 spokes? I currently have 185/70/13 but they look like baloons I was thinking 185/60 but not sure if this will still look too big? What size looks right?
  5. Nice one John, have a few
  6. Has it said anywhere who that was, family etc?
  7. My beemer is insured through Admiral- BMW 330ci sport, kept on the road with max no claims, 36 yo less than £300 fully comp. Swiftcover were the next cheapest. Like you though when i tried a comparison site, there must have been half a dozen over the £2k mark. Insurance companies don't hide the fact they overprice premiums if they don't want your business.
  8. Never been a fan of hers, but again not surprised, I'd have put money on this happening eventually. Thoughts go to her family/friends.
  9. Yep, great day! and apart from a slight starter motor hiccup fault free too! Nice to meet you all. Must do another one!
  10. mk2 mike

    I herd

    It bloody wants to sort itself out for the weekend. it's done nothing but rain down here all week
  11. Welcome Don. Looking forward to seeing some pics!
  12. Welcome to the site
  13. Love the 2 door mk2 tinas! Welcome
  14. Some cracking pics there. I've just looked at my ones and realised I don't particularly like any of them. I'll have to get some good ones done.
  15. What the hell, I'll give it a go! I can always call the AA if the car conks out Where will you meet, is there a road name or junction nearby?
  16. Thanks, that doesnt sound too bad although boxhill is 66 miles from me so i'll be looking at a round trip of 200 miles or so. Mind you would be a good test for the Ford fair which'll be about the same distance, and it would be good to meet a few of you.
  17. The listing has been removed, what was it?
  18. Thats all i'm going to use
  19. Tempted but only driven my car once and don't really trust it yet How many miles do you reckon that route is?
  20. I’ve taken a week off work to get the car ready for Ford fair. I needed to do a few bits that were bugging me. Finally got it MOT’d and taxed and was able to drive it on the road for the first time since I bought it . It drove ok, apart from not idling, and stalling when I came to a standstill. There were a few bangs and creaks but nothing major considering it’s been sat in a garden for at least 6 months. There was a blue wire hanging from behind the centre console that I thought I’d investigate. A two minute job I thought! Turned out the wire went nowhere but while I was tracing that one I found another loose wire which fell off when I touched it so I began to repair that and found another lose wire, then another, then another until 6 hours of work left the car looking like this: It turns out the wiring behind the dash was a birds nest of bad wiring and scotch-locks that would have fallen apart the first time I hit a pothole. It was a PITA fixing but glad I discovered it now and not on the side of the M1 in a couple of weeks! While the car was apart I replaced the painted red dash with a 5 clock RS dash, changed the steering wheel and gear knob, and replaced the door handles and door pull handle surrounds. I think it looks a LOT better now! Before: After: Also I realised that under the red carpet is a mint black carpet but not sure if I should change it, I quite like the red carpet! (although i need to hoover it )I'm considering painting the bottom half of the door cards black as well, still looks a bit garish in bright red! Finally managed to drive the car the 100 miles home. It was a bit more than i wanted to do for it's first jouney but it made it without a fault! Even managed to hit 70mph on the M11, but it was happy cruising at 60 so I'm chuffed with that. Bring on the Ford fair! A couple more pics- Thanks to Jimrobson, blues and twos, and daft lad picko for the bits!
  21. Always good to get another mk2 owner here! Welcome and get some pics up soon, i need em for my mex rep build!
  22. My mates place; Emerald in Watton Norfolk. Thats where I store my car. About 90mins from Essex but Dave Walker is a legend. I'm up there tomorrow i can get a price for you if you want? Is it just a power run you want or setting up etc?
  23. Cheers Posse, paid for tickets and put a note in the comment box for a stand pass. Better get the car ready now!
×
×
  • Create New...