Jump to content

mk2 mike

Members
  • Posts

    3,266
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    44

Everything posted by mk2 mike

  1. mk2 mike

    F 1

    Took a while to get going but once it did, cracking race. Hamilton seems to be getting in the wars more and more lately. Great last laps by JB, deserved win. Hope theres a few more in the pipeline to challange Vettel.
  2. Thanks for that, i'll give em a call
  3. Cracking site that It shows only 79 of my car left, compared to over 5500 15 years ago I wonder if anyone can find an 'extinct' car in 2010?
  4. Same as the stripe for me. One of my pet hates (along with not painting behind the front grille black) is a petrol cap that stands out like a sore thumb in the middle of a stripe because its not the same colour. Yes i know i'm strange.
  5. @ stiggy, I think you misread what I was saying. At no point did I say the accident of my friend had anything to do with the ace cafe. My point was exactly the opposite, and that people drive like clowns everywhere, not just at the ace cafe (as you said). Don't understand your comment about your ticket though. You chose to not wear your seat belt, got caught, got fined, end of. BTW it's a £60 non endorsable ticket for no seatbelt, not £80. Anyhow btt, funny how the cafe is saying nothing happened in relation to the stone throwing. They're obviously trying to distance themselves and protect their reputation. Shame they dont care as much about the reputation of this site and you guys to put something on fb clarifying osf's lack of involvement with the meet.
  6. To be fair some people have always driven like cocks whenever there's a meet, not just nowadays. I used to go to the palace every fri/sat without fail in the 90's and there was some shocking driving. A mate of mine in a fiat turbo hit a mother and daughter on the top roundabout, killing the little girl. That started the end of palace as it was, and a speed camera soon went up and the tea hut went. The night before that a lad being a dick in a flatnose porsche rear ended a jelly mould causing serious ingury to the occupants. Then in 2002 a girl i worked with was killed on a motorbike by boy racers also at crystal palace. She was on the back and died instantly when one of two cars racing went onto the wrong side of the road and hit her bike head on. Her fiance who was the rider survived but lost both his legs and has since tried to commit suicide. I was also at thurrock around 94 the night it all went wrong and the mobs caused untold damage to trees and fencing. The few months after that police blocked the roundabout preventing anyone entering the car park. I stopped going after that. I guess what i'm saying is wherever there are young lads, cars, and young girls to impress there's always going to be silly driving. The difference is 20 odd years back we were in 60 bhp 1300 escorts now the 'yoof' are in 300+bhp evos with much more potential to cause havoc. I'm not claiming to be an angel either, whenever the rain came i was the first to head out to a roundabout or the peckham one way system and get the back out but i would never do it if there were people around, just in case i lost it. (and i did frequently. There's still a tree in peckham that bears the scars of my mk2 ) As has been said I think the biggest shame about this recent event (apart from coppers being stoned )is that it was associated with this site (albeit wrongly). Everyone on here knows the truth but those who don't will see one of our cars with an OSF sticker and say "oh look, i bet they were one of them causing trouble at the ace"
  7. Glad its not just me who thinks the interior is a bit OTT, I guess the previous owner liked it but its a too much for me!Each to their own i suppose! I've just won a 5 clock dash and a std gear knob from eBay so that will get rid of the red clocks and pink alloy knob. I also bought some black vinyl paint today to respray the door cards. I've never used it before so no idea how good (or bad) it is I'm trying to get hold of a 3 spoke RS wheel too and ditch the painted mountney on thats on there. To be honest i quite like the red carpets contrasting with the black, and the seats have been retrimmed well so I'll keep those too. I'll get some 'after' pics for a comparison!
  8. I contacted Phil at archenemy.co.uk for a quote. He told me it would be £120 for all 4 arches, however he wouldnt be able to get the roller on the hubs if the rear had been lowered. Mines dropped 2" so I guess that that then!
  9. Finally picked up my mk2 yesterday, Spent most of the day looking it over and making a list of bits I want to do to it. It's a 1980 GL fitted with a 1600 crossflow. The owner before me replaced the front wings, front panel (changing it to round headlights), bonnet and door skins before respraying it in Toyota mica red and is pretty clean other than a small 20p size paint chip on the nearside wing. The boot has been delocked with both an electrical and manual release fitted. It's been lowered 2 inches at the rear and 1 1/2 at the front, and has bilstein capri 2.8 struts and brakes. It also has colour coded alleycat rally special alloys. Interior has RS2000 door panels and recaro fishnet headrest seats that have been retrimmed. The previous owner also fitted a RS glovebox and put the battery in the boot. Some pics i took with my phone, sorry about the quality! Got a few things i want to do, such as replacing the badges on the bootlid, fitting a full cage, 2 up 2 downs, mexico stripes, front and rear spoilers and changing the wheels although not sure what to go for yet. I'm playing with the idea of getting superlights. First job is the interior, the last owner went a bit mad with the red paint on the respray. I'm planning to change the steering wheel for a 3 spoke RS wheel, the dash for the 5 clock version and sorting the door panels and handles. Only problem I could find with it is the front nearside brake is sticking, not surprising as its been sat for quite a few months. Hope to get it all done in 4-6 weeks. Just gutted it wasn't ready for this weekend! Thanks for looking, Mike.
  10. Well that seems pretty unanimous! Stripes it is. Anyone know of someone in essex/london who can put stripes on it? I'm bound to mess it up!
  11. Famous last words
  12. That looks awesome! Did you put the stripes on yourself? how hard are they to get right, and do you have any top tips?
  13. Unfortunately this is me Had to take it myself as i'm billy no mates lol
  14. Is that pictures of the cars or the wife? welcome mate, nice cars to have
  15. Hello mate, I'm fairly new here myself but they seem like a friendly bunch!
  16. I'd be interested to hear what the general thinking is. My mk2 has been resprayed in mica red and although is a nice colour (i think anyway ) the car just looks a bit plain and needs something to break it up a bit. I was thinking of putting a mexico stripe kit on it to combat this. What do you guys think about RS stripes on non RS cars? It's a 2 door, lowered with 1/4 bumpers and will have a boot spoiler and front mexico spoiler added soon so i dont think it will look too out of place. I've seen 4 door cars and estates with RS2000 stripes etc so I know others do it. Do you chaps agree or am i commiting a cardinal sin? I'll put my flame suit on and hide in the corner for your replies.
  17. Thanks Daz. Sorry to hijack your thread Jim, I'll text you tomorrow about meeting on Sunday morning to get that spoiler from you.
  18. Cracking pair of cars, area looks lovely too!
  19. Thanks mate, might pop along to that too, although i'd imagine its full of saxos and evos now?
  20. Aha, cheers Daz, guessed it was something along those lines but wasn't 100%. What size wheels would this allow you fit under the arches?
  21. Thanks guys, going to be up an running in a few weeks so will be out and about. Def going to the one on the 127. Forgot about Chelsea, last time I went was about 15 years ago. Is it the last Saturday of the month?
  22. excuse my ignorance, what are rolled arches?
  23. Just got myself back into an osf after many years. Are there ever any meets in the Essex/London area?
  24. It's on my birthday (or a day after anyway) so i'll treat myself and pop over
×
×
  • Create New...