Jump to content

Ste-V

Members
  • Posts

    414
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ste-V

  1. Ive tried fishing all over the internet but I cannot find any.. I need a set of 'ready to fit' engine mounts to fit a silver top 2.0 zetec into my mk3 laser capri. I know Dave Colledge does a weld together kit, but the car is at the painters and will return soon with a freshly painted bay, and I REALLY don't want to risk damaging it with the welder.. Surely there must be somebody out there who knows where to buy a set?? I'm not fussed if theyre second hand, I just dont want to touch the welder! Thankyou for any help, Steve.
  2. "Ill take two please.."
  3. Good advice Jo Just thought i'd point out that as far as I'm aware, even if the vehicle has been declared SORN by the previous owner, once the vehicle is sold it must be redeclared SORN by the new keeper
  4. I was at Penrith Market yesterday and I saw an orange Mk2 Escort. The colour was beautiful, but I couldn't find the owner to ask him what it was.. I don't suppose anybody on here might know? I think the first 3 letters of the numberplate was CEO, It had deep dish split 4 spoke revolution wheels on it, wide arches, front bib, cage etc. On the tailgate it had Escort on the passenger side and on the drivers side it had SX (not sure why) and I think I saw a lakes tour sticker inside it? If anybody knows whos it is, I'd love to know what colour it was Thanks
  5. Yeah i discussed that with him but he said the paint is a fortune, plus i dont want it to be too in your face/chavvy.. Would rather go for a normal orange i think Thanks for the suggestion, Steve.
  6. Hello all, my Capri is at the painters at the moment, and i was originally going to go with its current colour of olympic blue, however ive always wanted an orange capri, so, im going to get him to do it orange. Now, there was a mk2 escort in a recent retro ford done in signal orange which looked the spuds, but can anybody suggest a better shade of orange to go on a mk3 capper? I appreciate any suggestions Cheers, Steve.
  7. Just thought id let you know thats a mk2 mondingo not a mk3 Thought id mention it to save any confusion if youre selling bits off it bud
  8. I may be interested in the suspension if the price is right? I'm from Blackpool so if he sails to Morecambe/Heysham then I'm only down the road..?
  9. I can't remember, was 17 at the time, thinking i was the nuts taking it back to a customers house
  10. .........The merc cossie off tonights top gear Used to belong to one of our customers.... Small world
  11. Looks well that, and yeah that one in CF does look the spuds..
  12. Given her a good engine tune today, put some good oil in and started cleaning her, going to carry on cleaning her up then il get some piccys up tomorrow.. She is gorgeous though
  13. Tried attaching a pic, said attachment limit reached or something? Going to mint it tomorrow, service it and do a few jobs, mot'd it and tax'd it today so just been out for last 4 hours Will take a few piccies tomorrow and try again, cheers all!
  14. Ever since selling my Mk1 Fiesta, I've regretted it, ALOT. I've always said if it ever came back up for sale then no matter what I'm buying it back.. It came up on fiesta-mk1.co.uk It's now sat on my drive Happy as larry, never letting it leave my sight again Oh, and I paid less than I sold it for
  15. One way of annoying the neighbours lol..
  16. I didn't read it properly, just looked at the pic
  17. Dad just showed me this pic in some old book he's got, thought I'd shove it on here 1,000,000th Cortina to be exported..
  18. Ste V 513 Will get on later and add a few..
  19. My Uncle told me today that he was watching a Police Camera Action type program a few days ago, and it showed them following a Capri for some reason or another, and he is convinced it was mine (in my Sig).. It just seems strange as when I bought the car, for some reason the police from that county had the folder full of receipts/history etc, but the guy I bought it off didn't know why, and although I have now received it, I still dont know.. Was just wondering if anyone has seen it and can remember the name of the program? Would like to see it myself, see if it is her.. Thanks for any help, Steve.
  20. Ste-V

    what car did

    First car I ever drove was a beige hatchback chevette at about 8 or 9 years old (customers car at my grandads garage).. Bought and sold my first car aged 11, Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0 SRi.. Passed my test in............. Renault Modis Diesel.. First car, L reg Metro with a massive Clio Williams exhaust hanging out of it Never ever owned a French or Italian car though
  21. Saturday day - Taking the capri to the body shop for a respray.. Saturday night - Mates 21st....... Sunday morning - Full English to try and sort my head out..
  22. Well the reason I asked about Escort items is I saw a picture on another forum (when looking for pics) of a capri with mk2 escort quarter bumpers fitted, but no info about it.. I'be always liked the look of quarter bumpers and fancied fitting some on the capri, guess I'll just stick to full bumpers.. Thanks for the info
  23. Will they go straight on a mk3 capri? And would mk1 or mk2 bumpers be better or are they the same? Its the front im thinking about.. Cheers for any help, tried using search but its a bit technical for me, comes up with every post on the forum haha.. Thanks, Steve.[/i]
  24. Yeah I bet it is lol.. Not many people have a capri petrol flap within reach of the telephone haha
  25. Just dealt with them and thought I'd say, top lads Would recommend to anyone That is all
×
×
  • Create New...