BaileyMex Posted August 21, 2007 Report Posted August 21, 2007 Looking to get a set of new tyres, 175/50/13's What make and type would you guys recomend?
davreeve Posted August 21, 2007 Report Posted August 21, 2007 Nankangs or Federals smell the best but dont offer much in the way of grip
Mr Sam Posted August 21, 2007 Report Posted August 21, 2007 got Federals on my pepperpots cheap and cheerful and ive found they grip well Nankangs however........steer clear
antz Posted August 21, 2007 Report Posted August 21, 2007 got Federals on my pepperpots cheap and cheerful and ive found they grip well Nankangs however........steer clear i had federals on my old 4 spokes and thought they were absolute shite might as well of used cross plies
BaileyMex Posted August 21, 2007 Author Report Posted August 21, 2007 Deffo Yoko's which ones tho bud?
BaileyMex Posted August 21, 2007 Author Report Posted August 21, 2007 Ones the are not bald Wont want your rear ones then PMSL
Fiesta Steve Posted August 21, 2007 Report Posted August 21, 2007 Deffo Yoko's which ones tho bud? I have got A539's on my 1300 Sport as I use it everyday. Very good in wet and dry. I have A048R's on my XR2. They are much softer and won't last long if you do loads of miles, but they are excellent in the dry but I'm told not so good in the wet.
Wessie Posted August 21, 2007 Report Posted August 21, 2007 Deffo Yoko's which ones tho bud? 539's for an everday tyre
davreeve Posted August 21, 2007 Report Posted August 21, 2007 Being serious now yoko ao32r tyres are road legal and superb in the dry but wont last more than 1-2000 miles .539,s are a better bet for everyday use ,still grip well but last considerably longer.
davreeve Posted August 21, 2007 Report Posted August 21, 2007 Ive Never used A048,s ,Whats the grip and life expectancy like.
davreeve Posted August 21, 2007 Report Posted August 21, 2007 Whatever tyres you buy you must bear in mind that they are your only contact with terra firma so buy the best you can afford.
Fiesta Steve Posted August 21, 2007 Report Posted August 21, 2007 Ive Never used A048,s ,Whats the grip and life expectancy like. Grips very good in the dry, I've done a track day at Brands with them on and they were good, also use mine at Santa Pod and manage to run 13's with 175's so they can't be that bad. They've lasted well, I've done quite a few thousand on mine now, rears are like new, fronts are still legal
davreeve Posted August 21, 2007 Report Posted August 21, 2007 Cheers ,they sound pretty good ,careful in wet like A032,s. Should be taking the fiesta to the pod in october,never done it before but looking foward to it.
Ratters Posted August 21, 2007 Report Posted August 21, 2007 Yoko's on the front a539's & they are pretty good I reckon. On the back I got Continentals as I needed them asap at the time & although they don't look as good as the Yoko's I must say they ain't bad either. Sorry to say though, I did prefer the Potenza's
BaileyMex Posted August 21, 2007 Author Report Posted August 21, 2007 Sorry to say though, I did prefer the Potenza's I know mate, they were the tits
Mk 1 Mark Posted August 21, 2007 Report Posted August 21, 2007 http://www.topgear.co.uk/acatalog/13__Y ... _Tyres.php Got mine here and a £1 delivered
johnny_h Posted August 21, 2007 Report Posted August 21, 2007 http://www.topgear.co.uk/acatalog/13__Yokohama_Tyres.php Got mine here and a £1 delivered How much? No prices on the site Best I have found is £220 delivered.
james p Posted August 21, 2007 Report Posted August 21, 2007 midland wheels told me £40 each for yokos plus £15 delivery for 4
marky4 Posted August 21, 2007 Report Posted August 21, 2007 got a539's on mine great type wet or dry also done a track day with them and gripped really well
johnny_h Posted August 22, 2007 Report Posted August 22, 2007 Ok, just spoke to midland and with discount on carriage they can do 4 yoko's for £210 delivered.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now