jamie Posted July 20, 2008 Report Posted July 20, 2008 Hi all, I have a set of 5.5J steel wheels that I'm planning to use. They were refurbished a few years ago before I bought them, and I would say they are in fairly good condition with no kerbing. I just wondered whether there are products that offer a layer of protection for the wheels? Also, I've noticed a few small spots of rust coming through on the inside, but again, is there any preferred method for removing/treating these areas? Thanks muchly!
Admin Vista Posted July 20, 2008 Admin Report Posted July 20, 2008 Have them blasted and powder coated.
kirk10 Posted July 20, 2008 Report Posted July 20, 2008 lacquer them again if you think they need it if they have been refurbed the surley its been done unless they have been powder coated
jamie Posted July 20, 2008 Author Report Posted July 20, 2008 Thanks for the comments. Nope, I don't think they haven't been powder coated - just cleaned up and painted a few years ago at a guess. Powder coating may the best way to go then.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now