Jimbob-Squarepants © Posted July 21, 2008 Report Posted July 21, 2008 Hi all I wondered if I could ask you all what you think my Anglia is worth? Yep, another engine has gone bang... this is it's fourth. I really cannot be arsed with it anymore, alot of money and over a year later, I still don't have a car to drive more than a couple of weeks or a few hundred miles. So it's a late 1960 car registered on the 1st of Jan 1961 as a 997cc DeLuxe. Original bodywork, paint & interior (has Mountney steering wheel), never seen a welder, Mk1 Escort Mexico steel wheels, 1200 gearbox, prop and front brakes, GT exhaust manifold, home made 1-1/34 exhaust system, period Alexander inlet manifold with twin Stromberg CD150 carbs (just spent alot of money re-furbing these) just needs an engine. Oh tax & mot with approx 47000 miles and 3 former keepers. This ISN'T a for sale post yet, I would like to know roughly what it's worth. Ta muchly
Nettles Posted July 21, 2008 Report Posted July 21, 2008 Yeah Jimbob I can tell you what I think it's worth............................. ............................It's worth bloody keeping hold of because as you said it's a very solid car that's never seen a fooking welder! I know that's not what you wanted to hear but I seriously think you need to hold onto it. Stop fooking around with all these other engines and wack something newer into it like a Ztec. I know you bloody love it really so make it a reliable OSF. You know that there's plenty of us on here to help you out if you need us fella.
60ftman Posted July 22, 2008 Report Posted July 22, 2008 You'll only regret it if you sell it. Bung a newer motor in and enjoy!
anglebox Posted July 22, 2008 Report Posted July 22, 2008 You numpty, you can't sell it now! But if you do I give you £50 for it!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now