stevepeanut Posted August 28, 2008 Report Posted August 28, 2008 can someone tell me how to do it? cheers
PAUL MANN Posted August 28, 2008 Report Posted August 28, 2008 fill with coolant & water mix start car & fill then replace cap to pressurize up pu heater to warm to allow wate around heater matrix check level when engin cold as it will pressurizes & cover you in hot water
stevepeanut Posted August 28, 2008 Author Report Posted August 28, 2008 thats near enough what I did, but I have no idea if I have any tapped air in the system
Takeshi Posted August 28, 2008 Report Posted August 28, 2008 If your car isn't overheating and your heaters working ok, I'd say your done
Anglia68 Posted August 28, 2008 Report Posted August 28, 2008 I always jack up the front of the car so that the rad cap is the highest part of the coolant system and turn the heater onto it's hottest setting and then fill it up with water/coolant. I then run the engine with the rad cap off until the thermostat opens and you can see the water rushing through the rad.The water level will usually drop quite a bit so I top it up and then replace the cap. Having the rad cap as the highest point means that if there is going to be any air in the system then it will rise to this point and be released. Never had any problems doing like this.HTH.
Fishtailparka Posted August 28, 2008 Report Posted August 28, 2008 It shouldn't make any difference if the heater is on hot or cold. The controls work a vent flap, not a tap.
Tom Posted August 28, 2008 Report Posted August 28, 2008 but having the heater on hot is a very, very good indicator if you've got coolant flow and/or an air lock. as previously said run up with the cap off until the stat opens (the coolant will flow and the bottom hose will be hot) replace the cap, give it a run, let it cool down and re check the level
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now