SmokeEm Posted February 3, 2010 Report Posted February 3, 2010 For those of you that were at last months meet, here's a link to a website that explains the illness they think I have http://www.labyrinthitis.org.uk/
DEP Posted February 3, 2010 Report Posted February 3, 2010 But it does nt say anything about lying down on the backseat of a car with a coat over your head
SmokeEm Posted February 3, 2010 Author Report Posted February 3, 2010 But it does nt say anything about lying down on the backseat of a car with a coat over your head
oddball Posted February 3, 2010 Report Posted February 3, 2010 My sister got diagnosed with this last year It started when she became stressed. Now she gets random attacks which seem to come on for no reason and can last for hours or days Hopefully yours won't be as bad
SmokeEm Posted February 3, 2010 Author Report Posted February 3, 2010 My sister got diagnosed with this last year It started when she became stressed. Now she gets random attacks which seem to come on for no reason and can last for hours or days Hopefully yours won't be as bad I'm afraid it is Ali - been having them since June last year & pretty much 24/7 at the minute
oddball Posted February 3, 2010 Report Posted February 3, 2010 I'm afraid it is Ali - been having them since June last year & pretty much 24/7 at the minute Oh dear, not good
Posse Posted February 3, 2010 Report Posted February 3, 2010 Blimey Dave so what you going to do then?
SmokeEm Posted February 3, 2010 Author Report Posted February 3, 2010 Blimey Dave so what you going to do then? Had a brain scan last week & get results Friday - apparantly you do get better but it takes time & I will always get attacks every so often
MK2 Harrier Posted February 3, 2010 Report Posted February 3, 2010 As you now i had it about 4 years ago its not good.
Posse Posted February 3, 2010 Report Posted February 3, 2010 Blimey Dave so what you going to do then? Had a brain scan last week & get results Friday - apparantly you do get better but it takes time & I will always get attacks every so often So where they going to get you one from?
zetecmk2 Posted February 3, 2010 Report Posted February 3, 2010 "like being drunk...but without the fun" poor poor dave
Grizzley Dell Posted February 3, 2010 Report Posted February 3, 2010 my old man had calcium growths on his inner ear bones. first we knew he was refelting his garage roof, stood up and fell off, as you can imagine i fell over laughing. i thought sopy old git. now he's got tubes in his ears and can blow out of them if he holds his nose. fooking freaky. i thought this might make you chuckle, hope all gets better soon dude.
Pipster007 Posted February 3, 2010 Report Posted February 3, 2010 I'm afraid it is Ali - been having them since June last year & pretty much 24/7 at the minute Is that about the time you started seeing Mrs SmokeEm Well, she does go on a bit
SmokeEm Posted February 3, 2010 Author Report Posted February 3, 2010 I'm afraid it is Ali - been having them since June last year & pretty much 24/7 at the minute Is that about the time you started seeing Mrs SmokeEm Well, she does go on a bit Lol
SmokeEm Posted February 4, 2010 Author Report Posted February 4, 2010 Blimey Dave so what you going to do then? Had a brain scan last week & get results Friday - apparantly you do get better but it takes time & I will always get attacks every so often So where they going to get you one from? Oi !!!!!
caprinerd Posted February 4, 2010 Report Posted February 4, 2010 i had something like this i was working on sons fiesta got up from under it and felt like a head rush, but it stayed next day i couldnt even get head off pillow with out room spinning the next day i got up and it felt like i was following myself like you see in films when someone is drowsy lasted 5 days but im back at my unit now and only had a couple of little ballance issues since were`nt nice
MrsSmokeEm Posted February 4, 2010 Report Posted February 4, 2010 I'm afraid it is Ali - been having them since June last year & pretty much 24/7 at the minute Is that about the time you started seeing Mrs SmokeEm Well, she does go on a bit you r dead mr pink shirt dont even bother getting yr tux out of mothballs
old skool estate Posted February 4, 2010 Report Posted February 4, 2010 My wife has been going through this for a year! They called hers bppv She has lost her job through it and still having on going treatment which is a bit of a joke! They have been using her as a case study but none of the treatment has worked nor is it helping! I dont think they no what it is really??? some times she has to stay in bed for 24 hours, she broke her toe were she lost her balance and also keeps banging into things, Not good- just hope they find out what is causing it! She also had a brain scan which come back good! I hope they get to the bottom of yours!! it cant be nice!
andy a Posted February 5, 2010 Report Posted February 5, 2010 I've had a dizziness/lightheadedness thing going on for around 14 months now alongside loads of other weird symptoms, blood test after blood test among other things, finally got my brain MRI date through for next week, should be interesting My ENT specialist openly admitted he's given up on my case and discharged me back to my GP earlier this week, as did the gastric consultant, after the MRI I've got nowhere left to go with the NHS if it doesn't turn anything up, I've long suspected Lyme Disease after a couple of really good tick bites I got stripping a Capri that had been stood in long grass for over 5 years but the NHS test is around 60% unreliable and my doctor wont give me a months course of antibiotics to see if it has any effect so I'm snookered for now
SmokeEm Posted February 5, 2010 Author Report Posted February 5, 2010 I've had a dizziness/lightheadedness thing going on for around 14 months now alongside loads of other weird symptoms, blood test after blood test among other things, finally got my brain MRI date through for next week, should be interesting My ENT specialist openly admitted he's given up on my case and discharged me back to my GP earlier this week, as did the gastric consultant, after the MRI I've got nowhere left to go with the NHS if it doesn't turn anything up, I've long suspected Lyme Disease after a couple of really good tick bites I got stripping a Capri that had been stood in long grass for over 5 years but the NHS test is around 60% unreliable and my doctor wont give me a months course of antibiotics to see if it has any effect so I'm snookered for now I'm SO lucky I have Bupa coz I could've waited months for all the tests/consultants I've had to go to
andy a Posted February 5, 2010 Report Posted February 5, 2010 I wish I had bupa, it would of saved me a lot of time but being self employed and generally fit up until now I never thought I'd need it so didn't bother , you live and learn
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now