fezza Posted August 25, 2010 Report Posted August 25, 2010 An in-line water temp adapter and sensor,i have an aftermarket temp guage and the one in the car is not working,its driving me mad with worry as i hav'nt had the car long so dont really know how it will hold up on long journeys etc and im trying to sort a few bits out before the Hastings run One of these
petrolhead Posted August 25, 2010 Report Posted August 25, 2010 Yes, I have had one on the car for 3 years and 7000hard miles with a racetech temp gauge. No probs and a very good mod as my standard guage is rubbish
fezza Posted August 25, 2010 Author Report Posted August 25, 2010 Nice one ,can i ask if you know what size i need to buy mate and the best position to fit it,its a mk2 escort running a pinto btw
4-Door Pete Posted August 26, 2010 Report Posted August 26, 2010 I use one in th top hose for the electric fan controller and the normal sender in the block for the gauge. I did fit a new sender when I built up the engine and it hasn't caused any problems so far. But the best is a capillary temp gauge.
Twinkle Posted August 26, 2010 Report Posted August 26, 2010 dave decide whether goingin topor bottom hosewhip it off and measure it you plum!!
petrolhead Posted August 26, 2010 Report Posted August 26, 2010 lol. I've got a crossflow, I don't know what size you would need for a Pinto. Best place, as said, is the top hose. Just whip it off and measure the id.
fezza Posted August 26, 2010 Author Report Posted August 26, 2010 Damm im lazy cheers for the info lads
bomber1 Posted August 27, 2010 Report Posted August 27, 2010 32mm i used in my pinto powerd mk1 escort
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now