Top Ghia Posted February 22, 2014 Report Posted February 22, 2014 This may have been posted before but its news to me. Aldridge now do Brown beta cloth. http://www.aldridge.co.uk/services/schematic.cfm?id=3
Admin Vista Posted February 22, 2014 Admin Report Posted February 22, 2014 I tried to get some from them a couple of years ago so I could have mk2 RS seats in the van. They told me then that they'd looked into it and it was too expensive so they weren't going to do it. Evidently they changed their mind, too late for me though
Top Ghia Posted February 22, 2014 Author Report Posted February 22, 2014 Yes thats what i heard too. In fact i was in my local trimmers the other day with my Brown seat bases which need some of the vinyl replacing and the guy in there said it was a good job i didnt need the cloth because Brown is unavailable. So this must be a recent change. Considering that all the late RS 2000 had brown interiors it has to worth their while getting some Brown cloth.
Admin Vista Posted February 22, 2014 Admin Report Posted February 22, 2014 I'm surprised there's enough demand for it. Everyone seems to want black interiors these days.
Top Ghia Posted February 23, 2014 Author Report Posted February 23, 2014 Yes everyone wants black, but I suppose it depends on if you want originality (if your car came with brown) or not. Personaly i dont mind the brown. I cant see them ever making the beige though. Did you know that when Ford deleted the black trim in the RS2000 and fitted the brown they actually called it "warm Black"
irishtorag Posted February 23, 2014 Report Posted February 23, 2014 I emailed Aldridge about said beta cloth and got answer they havnt stocked in years and cant see it anytime in the future
Admin Vista Posted February 23, 2014 Admin Report Posted February 23, 2014 I emailed Aldridge about said beta cloth and got answer they havnt stocked in years and cant see it anytime in the future When was that? They're listing it on their website now and I'm sure they didn't previously The link won't work, you have to go to Ford / Escort mk2 RS2000 / Seats
irishtorag Posted February 23, 2014 Report Posted February 23, 2014 I had a set of capri fishnets I wanted covered last august and there was a link saying trade enquirys which I clicked because I had seen in another forum but alas the answer came back no go so I sold perfect seats 2 weeks ago for 70 euro so I hope they don't redo them or I will be fecked off for selling lol
DT36 Posted February 23, 2014 Report Posted February 23, 2014 I have 1x sh1t colour drab, passenger side Fishnet Recaro in my garage attic that's in reasonable nick. Am not back in the UK for a while due to work comittments, but it's not going anywhere if someone is trying to get this colour seat in original cloth. Not really sure on a price for it, but I am not after silly prices like one particular greedy gits on ebay nowadays. If someone seriously wants it, then I am prepared to sell it at a reasonable price, so I can use the money towards getting a matching set of Capri seats re-covered using Suzuki Ignis Sport fishnet headrests for my Escort. Going for these as they are a genuine Recaro headrest with a black surround and yellow netting. Every time I get around to sorting these out, something else comes up and takes my pocket money... Damn women...
Top Ghia Posted February 23, 2014 Author Report Posted February 23, 2014 Well i have just gone through to the checkout on their website up to the point of payment. One pair of Brown Beta cloth seat covers for Fishnet recaros £341.81 inc VAT.
bigbadsquare Posted February 23, 2014 Report Posted February 23, 2014 Yes they are definatley doing brown beta and have beige beta cloth coming too!!!
bigbadsquare Posted February 23, 2014 Report Posted February 23, 2014 don't give me anymore bad news Why? You Got a 10 meter roll in the shed ?
rallyesport04 Posted February 23, 2014 Report Posted February 23, 2014 loved the brown interior in my old rs thought the brown interior went well with the black paint plus every one has black fishnets liked having something different
Admin Vista Posted February 23, 2014 Admin Report Posted February 23, 2014 loved the brown interior in my old rs thought the brown interior went well with the black paint plus every one has black fishnets liked having something different It goes well with the black on my van too. I wanted brown beta cloth mk2 RS fishnets in it but that wasn't an option at the time so I went for the brown vinyl cobras. They look ok but aren't as good a colour match with the door and dash trim as the beta cloth would have been though
XjamesX Posted February 23, 2014 Report Posted February 23, 2014 Brown fishnets with Java green escort, the dream combo
In The Pit Posted March 2, 2014 Report Posted March 2, 2014 Does anyone know what colour brown they are making is it the Chocolate 76 or Bitter Chocolate? When you look at the RS2000's left most seem to be later cars 1979/1980 so i'm not surprised they have started making brown as that’s what a lot of them would be fitted with. With regard to the interior colour alot of people want whatever colour the car left the factory with. A black interior is ok but it can be a little sombre it feels cold in winter and hot in summer, personally I like the tan interior and I have also heard the they plan to make this available but again I don't know what shade i'm guessing Tan 79 but it could be Light Tan 76.
In The Pit Posted March 4, 2014 Report Posted March 4, 2014 They are now listing what they are calling 'beige' beta fabric for the RS2000, i'm guessing this is based on Tan 79?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now