mikehunt Posted November 26, 2014 Report Posted November 26, 2014 100es aint my cuppa tea but havnt they shot up in value in the last 12mnths,maybe its because mk1 escorts are out of the average joes pocket or is there another reason
jamie956 Posted November 26, 2014 Report Posted November 26, 2014 I do think there is an element of mk1 & 2 escorts dragging the cost of all OSF's up, as the seen grows and cars get fewer and fewer people are looking for an affordable way in look at Mk1 fiesta's there on the up as well since being accepted as old skool, same thing happening in the Rs world 3 door cosworths and S1 RS turbo's are mad money now. I do love mk1/2 escorts but I don't think I would ever build one, I like to try and be original/different from the rest and the only way your ever going to achieve that with an escort is to spend a fortune on it, saying that even if you did spend 50-60k on one what could you do that hasn't already been done. Having something that hasn't been done 1000 times before may be the reason people are looking at different things, that's why I built my Cortina the way I did. 1
luckyjim Posted November 26, 2014 Report Posted November 26, 2014 I think its funny that when I was driving my mk1 escort in the late nineties I was seen as a pauper loser who couldn't afford a 'new decent' car ,to drive that same car now you are seen as an 'affluent' hero lol. I think a lot of this change of attitude was down to classic ford magazine being introduced and opening up a lot of peoples eyes to what fun they were missing,the scene has grown along with great forums like this and I notice a lot of vw fans are now buying old fords.i think the majority of us love any old cars for many reasons(I even own a couple of morris minors) but lets face it if you want a car that you can modify yourself to perform as good as(or beat) a modern car there isn't much better than an old ford. 2
stuartp Posted November 27, 2014 Report Posted November 27, 2014 yeah annoyingly because I quite fancy one
seaneylad Posted November 27, 2014 Report Posted November 27, 2014 I got one few months back £500 came with standard engine, spare half build engine, two gear box's etc loads of spares. So not bad, bought it to practice restoring it which has been fun. going to run it standard and lower it thats all... Maybe in a few years get the escort front set up, better back axel and pinto power it or something. They can look pretty cool all done up and lowered 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now