seaneylad Posted January 20, 2015 Report Posted January 20, 2015 Current wheels are 13x5 1/2J -H2 with 185/60/R13 80H tyres. New wheels are 13x6J xCHx18 so are wider ... and are closer to the strut/coilover and with the same tyres fitted I think they will touch. Anyone recommend any tyres which will stop this or what's my best bet? Cheers (pic 1 is current, pic 2 is new rim)
mk1del Posted January 20, 2015 Report Posted January 20, 2015 Hi ,have tire fitted on new wheel and try it on looking at your picture think it might clear,I'm running 7x13 on mine with 185/60x13 and they clear ok
classicwhitey Posted January 20, 2015 Report Posted January 20, 2015 yes have one done, looks like it will go or tyr 5mm wheel spacer?
seaneylad Posted January 20, 2015 Author Report Posted January 20, 2015 Thanks for replies May try swap tyres over and see Been advised 175/50.. Would they looK okay?
Admin Vista Posted January 20, 2015 Admin Report Posted January 20, 2015 I reckon you'll be ok with what you've got. it isn't going to cost you much to try it and find out.
seaneylad Posted January 20, 2015 Author Report Posted January 20, 2015 Yeah gonna try first.. Anyone had experiences on 175/50s? Thanks
Admin Vista Posted January 20, 2015 Admin Report Posted January 20, 2015 Plenty of people on here use them. Me? I wouldn't have them on my car.
mk2 mike Posted January 20, 2015 Report Posted January 20, 2015 Yeah gonna try first.. Anyone had experiences on 175/50s? Thanks I've got them on mine. Throws the speedo out but personally I like the way they look on the car (as long as the car is lowered to reduce the wheel arch gap).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now