TR Posted February 18, 2007 Report Posted February 18, 2007 Hi folks, yep another new member.... Although a lot of you might know of me and my car. Terry Ross here.....Dragoon red Mk 1 Cortina. (two door GT.) Appeared in the 'sarf London issue of Classic Ford, a few years ago. I'm also the bloke who creates all the Speed Freaks sculptures..Anyway, reason for contact. I live in 'sarf London (near Crystal Palace) and for the past two years my Cortina has not moved! With all the best intentions and a "I must get around to it" comment every now and then, it still sits under it's cover sleeping in the garage. I've owned the car for some twenty five years! And have no intention of selling. However I've now decided to try to find a garage/mechanic/all round know it all (on Mk 1 Cortina's) who I can trust to bring the old girl back to life. If you know the car, you'll know it's in good condition. I just don't have the time anymore to spend hidden away in my garage! Anyone running their own busines's will know what I'm on about. Take it away on a transporter.....spend as much time and money needed to sort it. MOT it and bring it back home. Once it's running and the gremlins have been removed, I'll no doubt get my enthusiasm back and one more old 'tina will be back on the road where it should be. Anyone out there in old skool land know of any such person or persons that might be able to help? Either e-mail me or phone me on 020 8778 3688 Thanks for reading this. Terry Ross.
bomber1 Posted February 18, 2007 Report Posted February 18, 2007 sounds like u need marty will find u the limk or its at the top off the projects and restos page
bomber1 Posted February 18, 2007 Report Posted February 18, 2007 click on this link m8 top bloke and has helped a lot off people on here http://www.oldskoolford.co.uk/phpBB2/vi ... hp?t=12446
V8ian Posted February 19, 2007 Report Posted February 19, 2007 Terry, the answer is on your Doorstep, Speak to Nick, get him to move the Standard out and do your car, you know it will be done right, and if it needs paint, get Bradshaw to repaint it, if you can get him out of retirement from growing flowers At least if you get Nick to do it, its only around the corner so you can see it every day if you want, Havent you got another Mk1 as well, Sell the M3 and drive the Cortina. Ian PS Mart, not saying you will do a bad job, but, Terry has known Nick for 25years+ and nick has built some of the best car in the country
Mr Sam Posted February 19, 2007 Report Posted February 19, 2007 im no help but..........welcome to Old Skool Ford
4parajon Posted February 19, 2007 Report Posted February 19, 2007 If none of the above can help you give Neil a bell at NTS Automotive, sound fella, did my car up a treat. Here's the link to his site http://www.ntsauto.co.uk/ Good luck mate, I bought the Capri speed freak a while ago, top drawer mate
MK5 Posted February 19, 2007 Report Posted February 19, 2007 also try the following Cortina forums http://www.cortina80.com http://buysellcortina.co.uk/forums/index.php?act=idx http://cortinaforums.co.uk/forum welcome to OSF - love the Speedfreaks - I have the MK1 Corty
Admin Mk2Jo Posted February 19, 2007 Admin Report Posted February 19, 2007 Or Colin Ashton (V6Col on here) of Ashton Mobile (near Sutton). He has built loads of our cars Send him a PM mate
escortmad79 Posted February 19, 2007 Report Posted February 19, 2007 Welcome to the site Terry, feel free to post as many OSF (& Rod & Kustom) Model pics in the models section of the site
ExotronGammaPlusSequencer Posted February 19, 2007 Report Posted February 19, 2007 Welcome mate,i still have the old copy of Street machine with yours & Nick Arletts Cortinas in.They looked spot on (& still do today) & were a huge influence on me back then. Would be great to see yours back on the road......
viv-ashton Posted February 19, 2007 Report Posted February 19, 2007 my dad v6col is your man, done loads of work on cortinamans mk1 GT last year and up until last year had a lovely mk1 cortina himself , knows them inside out
martymk1 Posted February 22, 2007 Report Posted February 22, 2007 just been reading this, i've got to have some work done on my mk1 soon, noted down what you've said guys, ta
Mk 1 Mark Posted February 22, 2007 Report Posted February 22, 2007 Remember your car..from the palace....And the mag....Welcome aboard There are loads of people on here thjat could sort it for you. Colin(Ashton Mobile) Martin (M.Bird DOHC) to name a few both know there stuff, and have replied and are 100% trustworthy Both know there way around an oldskool car....and will not rip you off, If i had the time i would love to help you out, But dont find the time to work on my own cortina ATM Good luck with it and hope to see it back on the road soon
105Nick Posted February 22, 2007 Report Posted February 22, 2007 Hi mate, I was reading that copy last night, I'm hoping to have my Mk1 along the lines of Jon's Mk1 Escy in that issue, albeit a little bit more used & abused looking on 4-spokes. I love your tina, it looks superb what with the original airfilter unit on - proper sleeper! Hope it all works out well, it'll be great to seeit at some of the meets in future. By the way I bought the sit up n beg pop for my brother's xmas present, almost didn't give it away Well impressed with it.
caprifan Posted February 22, 2007 Report Posted February 22, 2007 ...sorry I can't help on the car front....great sculptures...you don't fancy making a mk3 Capri one do ya
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now