escort1300GT Posted March 22, 2018 Report Posted March 22, 2018 Hi Can anyone tell me what is the stock exhaust system pipe diameter for escort 1300gt? What is the best upgrade for this engine
Rich T Posted March 22, 2018 Report Posted March 22, 2018 1 5/8 inches or 41mm GT 1 1/2 Inches or 31mm 1300 If ive read my data book correctly. Ive got a 1300GT also. I hope to do a few mods in the future on mine. Cam, carbs etc. I think i read somewhere on here that sub 150hp its best to go to 2 inches max. Any bigger and you start loosing torque/power. Rich
escort1300GT Posted March 22, 2018 Author Report Posted March 22, 2018 Thank for the reply. I have a question. How do you measure the diameter? Internal or external? 24 minutes ago, Rich T said: 1 5/8 inches or 41mm GT 1 1/2 Inches or 31mm 1300 If ive read my data book correctly. Ive got a 1300GT also. I hope to do a few mods in the future on mine. Cam, carbs etc. I think i read on here that sub 150hp its best to go to 2 inches max. Any bigger and you start loosing torque/power. Rich
escort1300GT Posted March 22, 2018 Author Report Posted March 22, 2018 Thanks for the reply. I have a question. How do you measure the diameter? Internal or external?
Rich T Posted March 22, 2018 Report Posted March 22, 2018 Just had a quick look. It doesnt say. Assume external as Col sead.
colr6 Posted March 22, 2018 Report Posted March 22, 2018 8 minutes ago, Rich T said: Just had a quick look. It doesnt say. Assume external as Col sead. Normally rigid pipe is measured od and flexi pipe is measured id.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now