Lizzy Posted August 13 Report Posted August 13 Is anyone still making or selling seals? I have a May 1968 Mk1 Transit - 2L petrol V4 Essex engine, short wheelbase - and I need to source a rear tail shaft seal and a near-side rear hub seal. Any advice would be very gratefully received!
Miniliteman Posted August 13 Report Posted August 13 Try here: https://www.motomobil.com/en/products?producer_id=1&auto_id=120&auto_mod_id=121&category_id=&q=&artnr= 1
Vista Estate Posted August 13 Report Posted August 13 7 hours ago, Lizzy said: Is anyone still making or selling seals? I have a May 1968 Mk1 Transit - 2L petrol V4 Essex engine, short wheelbase - and I need to source a rear tail shaft seal and a near-side rear hub seal. Any advice would be very gratefully received! Have you contacted Burton Power? They stock lots of Tranit parts that crossover to other models. Do you know what gearbox you have in your transit. I think it's very similar to a 2000e box. Talk to Tony Williams at Burton Power. 2
Lizzy Posted August 14 Author Report Posted August 14 13 hours ago, Vista Estate said: Have you contacted Burton Power? They stock lots of Tranit parts that crossover to other models. Do you know what gearbox you have in your transit. I think it's very similar to a 2000e box. Talk to Tony Williams at Burton Power. Thank you for the advice. My friend tried to look for the parts for me on-line, and he also asked what gearbox I have, which I don't know. The people who're meant to be putting final touches to the restoration have my van, and when I asked them what gearbox I have, they didn't know, and didn't know how to work it out either. Is there anything I can tell them to look out for that would help them to identify it, please?
Vista Estate Posted August 14 Report Posted August 14 7 hours ago, Lizzy said: Thank you for the advice. My friend tried to look for the parts for me on-line, and he also asked what gearbox I have, which I don't know. The people who're meant to be putting final touches to the restoration have my van, and when I asked them what gearbox I have, they didn't know, and didn't know how to work it out either. Is there anything I can tell them to look out for that would help them to identify it, please? Going online is not the best way I find. Talking to people gets you much more info. Ford weren't great at marking parts. Photos would help people on here to make a better guess. If the restorers don't know I question how much they do know about Ford's 🤔 1
Lizzy Posted August 15 Author Report Posted August 15 19 hours ago, Vista Estate said: Going online is not the best way I find. Talking to people gets you much more info. Ford weren't great at marking parts. Photos would help people on here to make a better guess. If the restorers don't know I question how much they do know about Ford's 🤔 Yes, their expertise is very questionable. I will get the van back off them and take photos. Thank you
Vista Estate Posted August 15 Report Posted August 15 5 hours ago, Lizzy said: Yes, their expertise is very questionable. I will get the van back off them and take photos. Thank you Ask them to take pictures for you. If you post them on here someone will know the type.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now