Johnsons Mk1 fiesta - The beige beast!!!

I have big plans for this little hatchback, after the loss of my anglia im really up for making this really special.

im spenting some time on the body work and my mate tony has put the new wings sills and lower rear quarters on. cutting out all the orange cancer on the way. now the shell is almost complete i need to build the crossflow and bolt it in. the car should be painted by next summer.

DSC01196.jpg

DSC01099.jpg

DSC01201.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

i really want to lower it a bit more . the back is sitting alot higher than the back. and it looks crap.

yeh yeh, you know what i ment. ive ask people about this problem and apparently the higher rear springs is allowance for rear passengers. but what do you do if you have no mates and you intend to replace the back seats with a cross braced cage? im really not a fan of the calafornian rake look.

by the way your the nut case up the ace. im still picking tarmac out of my teeth from your donut show. keep it up! :shock:

what size tyres you got on those 4 spokes mate they look quite low pro 8)

they are 175/50s yokys, but i had no end of greef getting them to fit. the powder coat was 3mm thik in some place. four tyre companys had a go,with no luck. in the end wayne and norman from speed shack ground down the beeds and pumped 150psi through them to get them (we were all holding the crown jewls). that was after they sat infront of the blow heater for an hour. i never intend on taking them off.

but they look a million times better than the 60 profile.

the panels were a nightmare. many hours spent adjusting them to get the gaps right. and my mate tony managed to get them pritty much perfect. well chuft with the result. just needs a paint now.

as for the flip front that was my old project and a saw subject. she had to be sold because ive now moved out and become a student. here are some pics. wish i never sold her.

DSC00199.jpg

d9769408.jpg

DSC01255.jpg

the flipfront was a classicford ad. and luckely came with fibre glass doors and boot lid. £250 the lot never used. but it went when i flogged the car. im not aware of any company that still produces flipfronts. its a case of keeping an eye out for good condition secondhand ones.