Jump to content

ZetecVan 2.0

Members
  • Posts

    6,190
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ZetecVan 2.0

  1. I'm going to hazard a guess that it's something at your end rather than the site itself. It's probably something to do with the old fashioned phone lines in Cornwall.
  2. I've not noticed, but there is a background process running that's updating the database so that may be a reason.
  3. That's my favourite too.
  4. Tell us why you don't like the new forum.
  5. Tell us why you like the new forum.
  6. Welcome! We hope you enjoy the new look forum. Because we have rushed to get this in, because of the hack attack, there are some things that aren't as polished as they should. We will be working to fix those over the coming weeks, but I'll outline some features and and their status. The top menu looks a bit lopsided at the moment, but that's because we've disabled a couple of features until they're finished. [*:3amkbk7w]The Forum - There are a whole host of new features, including subscribing to threads that interest you, and adding people as friends, and even foes. Have a good play around. [*:3amkbk7w]Contributors - We are changing over to a new way of doing this. But before we can, we need to transfer the database of contributors. Because of this, you won't be purple and you'll have no member number shown. And there is no link to become a contributor if you want to be. This is the top priority. [*:3amkbk7w]The Classifieds - The classified ads are going to be separate from the forum. There is a link at the top of the page. We would like you to create some new ads and test it and give us feedback. We are not removing the current for sale rooms until we (and you) are happy with the new way. [*:3amkbk7w]Events - We have an event calendar, but it's currently empty. We are going to be filling it up was we can. [*:3amkbk7w]The Shop - We are in the process of creating the items. It will re-appear once everything has been updated. [*:3amkbk7w]The Gallery - This has been removed. We may be installing a new one, and were in the process of selecting one when we were hacked, so it's been put on the back burner. [*:3amkbk7w]The Garage - This isn't available for this version of the forum, so it's been axed. [*:3amkbk7w]The Sponsors - We will have a page for all sponsors saying what they do and how to contact them. [*:3amkbk7w]The 'Bay - These are the ebay auctions. [*:3amkbk7w]Spinning OSF Logo for new posts - We're looking at replacing/updating this. Not a priority but it's on our 'to do' list. [*:3amkbk7w]Colour Variations - There are now 10 styles for you to choose from if you don't like the default. The odd numbers are 'narrow' style, and the even ones are 'wide'. [*:3amkbk7w]Searching - The index is rebuilding and it may be a few hours before it's working ok. We would like you to post any queries or suggestions on this thread. Don't post 'It looks ace' or 'It looks crap' here. Thanks again for your continued support and making OSF what it is today.
  7. That is gutting. Hopefully he'll get done for it.
  8. ZetecVan 2.0

    Hacked?

    Technically this hack occurred due to an exploit in Joomla which runs the front of the site, nothing to do with phpBB2.
  9. ZetecVan 2.0

    Hacked?

    The server people are looking into it
  10. ooops I missed this.. Happy birthday you bender
  11. I downloaded and watched the Top Gear Australia Ashes Special, which was a bit different to our episode. They didn't arrive in the prison van, but some Australian muscle cars. Before the England Vs Australia competition, they had a challenge. They had to go to a second hand car dealers and buy a car that was on the Top 20 worst UK cars. So, they get. A Morris Ital Estate A Triumph TR7 An Austin Allegro So their challenge is to drive up to Knowsley Safari Park and drive through the animal enclosures. First the Lions, then the Monkeys. Because the TR7 had a webasto sunroof, they had to re-enforce it with chicken wire. Then when they came out the other side, they had to do it all again, but this time in electric Peel P50s. Which was great until a Rhino got freaked, and looked like it was going to charge the lead Peel. That looked scary. After they left the Safari Park in their crap cars, they went to a scrapyard and crushed them and took them to the track. At the track James May said 'Are you telling me you've crushed an Allegro?'. 'Yes' was the reply. May said 'Let me shake you by the hand'. I wonder how many complaints that would have got if it was on UK TV?
  12. Ditch internet explorer and use Chrome. If that doesn't work, ditch your PC and buy a Mac
  13. Where I lived when I was married (which is just 5 minutes walk away) had 42 crimes last month. Where I am now is a quarter of a mile closer to the worst council estate in bradford. The total here is 79. Where I lived a year ago when I moved out (which is Manningham where the bradford riots were) the total was 438. Glad I moved.
  14. The Mexican Ambassador has complained about the comments made in the last episode of Top Gear. "The presenters of the programme resorted to outrageous, vulgar and inexcusable insults to stir bigoted feelings against the Mexican people, their culture, as well as their official representative in the United Kingdom," he wrote. My thoughts when I read the story? "Oh boo hoo. "
  15. I suffer from migrains. Now I know what to say when describing them to people who have never had one. "Just put on some DJ Hazard and you'll know"
  16. And so they should as they can be terrible! Especially the rejects in the 4th division.
  17. The thing was it wasn't even broadcast. The conspiracy theory is that Andy Gray was sacked because he's sueing news of the screws because of the phone tapping thing (owned by Murdoch) and they were looking to get rid of him.
  18. Isn't that Jabba the Hut from the adult Star Wars spin off 'Jabba Does Dallas'?
  19. Look at the sort of house you can buy for £87,000 4 Bedrooms. Two (and a half) bathrooms. http://www.trulia.com/property/photos/1 ... 084#item-1 I'm moving tomorrow...!
  20. Oh come on people. How many Beetles were made? 21 million. When did they stop building them? 2003. I'm sure there's a few that they can spare to flatten. I love Beetles but was more annoyed when they trashed that Marina in the race with the Lada (and I don't like Marinas), simply because it looked very tidy.
  21. He's the son of one of the members of 1 0 5 speed.com He posted about it a few weeks ago. I still didn't watch it though!
  22. £50?
  23. I thought about this idea the other week when I drove past a big yellow storage place. I take it you're based dahn sarf and not West Yorkshire....?
  24. Wow! I thought she was a lot older! She's had a hard paper round! Happy birthday Jo!
  25. I had an iphone 3g which I loved. However, I was pursuaded to get an HTC Desire. It runs Android. Some of the apps aren't as polished as the iphone, but that's because it's more open. I have grown to love it. But 'Cut The Rope' isn't available on it yet.
×
×
  • Create New...