Jump to content

oliwally

Members
  • Posts

    739
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by oliwally

  1. If I were testing it I'd wait and see what it did to the pattern. Without seeing the lamp its hard to say. Again if its touch and go with that lamp I'll see if it fails on anything else. But usually I'll pass and advise on something like that
  2. http://www.cbdevelopments.co.uk/ews.html http://www.auto-assessors.co.uk/contactDetails.html http://guideto.iaea.org.uk/ Think these may be able to help you,I'd give them a call and see what they say? If they can say yes the pressure plate was at fault you can the get the company to pay for the cost of fixing.
  3. No they cant break over 270,rods too weak,turbo to small and injectors not man enough. Certianly when talking about the 850's. Rica tuners sell chips which are rated at 280 and 304,neither make that figure though. With the correct turbo,steel rods and N/A cams in a flowed head they can hit 500bhp
  4. cost dont matter,if I fit a cambelt and the thing destroys an engine at 1 mile or 79,999 miles then ford have to repair,regardless of cost. what you need to do is get an independant engineer,my last firm had one they always used,was very good,delt with honda when 2 of their civics blew up. dont know how much he cost but we never lost a case with him. thing i saw a bill for £50 as a first meeting/inspection. Not what you want to think about at this stage but might be money well spent
  5. which 2.3 you looking at? 16v or 20v? the T5 engines quite a tall lump and maifolds wrong way round to start. they need steel rods to run high boost,std ones good for 270bhp. not much in the way of after market goodies. 2.0l n/a cams make then shift though. that said the white block motor and std cranks do break at.......800bhp though anything in particular just ask,I've got a T-5R at the moment.
  6. come on at least she can take her teeth out
  7. How old is that clutch,surely you've got some come back on the company if it does that
  8. It wont have helped the running but I doubt it would have caused a misfire.
  9. And that thing in the boot the owner should be hit over the head with something
  10. WTF are they doing
  11. http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/PINTO.htm Read this,should give you an idea as to whats involved in building a big power pinto
  12. mmmmm that sounds nice,I want one. Revs up pretty quick
  13. Dont do it!!!! Give it to me and I'll save you the dilema
  14. All the best Know what hospitals are like,Drive me mad with boredom
  15. But why would you want the pug 2.3 Biggest pile-o-poo going. Transit 2.4 tdci then yeah but there's loads of wiring and modules that need sorting and you have to use the dash from them too.
  16. oliwally

    YKT

    I agree,only 2 doors are the best
  17. 202's Have a lower deck height than normal 205's,think its near 20 thou difference. 205's have a core plug behind the flywheel where the 202 doesnt. Its said that the 202 has thicker walls but shite iron so they seem to even themselves out on strenth wise. I've got both blocks sitting in my garage and under the stairs so it dont matter which will get my cosworth crank and rods.
  18. Mines Got To Be Bailymexs MK1 The Le Mans Green MK1 On Supers And V8ian's Cortina.....Had A Little Run With Him On My Way There Too Many Cars There That I Wanted To Take Home That Its Very Hard To Pick Just One
  19. Mmmm Nice Shame Its Been Bubbled Though Does That Mean The Black Beast Is Up For Grabs Then
  20. No Its Was The Warranty Claims For The Repairs To The Engines That Killed Rover,Not Enough Left To Invest In Some New Products. They Ran Out Of Complete Engines And Couldnt Keep Up With Supply/Demand And Ended Up Rebuilding Them. The 75 Was The Worst Of The Lot,I Knew Of A 2 Year Old One That Had 4 Engines Under Warranty And The Last One Came To us As Rover Wouldnt Repalce It. The Speedo Did Read 32,000. The Oil System Was Prone To Gumming Up Too,Causeing The Pump The Drop Pressure And Munch Big End Bearings. And Then There Was The Cam Belts......Nothing Wrong With Rover While Land Rover Said There Was A Problem?? Deff Not A K Series That One,plod Of A Engine That One. Loads Of Head Gasket Failures On Them. Loads Knocking On The Road To,Used To Have A Mate That Worked For Rover,Always Had 3 In Workshop Being Rebuilt. New Heads For Over Heating New Liners For Over Heating/Broken Cambelt Rebuilding Cranks For Knocking And Losing Oil Pressure. Best Use For The K......Boat Anchor Remember Its The Engine That Finally Killed Off Rover. Actually I think it was lack of money to invest in new models that killed off Rover. The K series is revvy and reasonably powerful for a small engine. Head gasket problems aside (these can be rectified) it isn't a bad lump and it certainly made the elise go well.
  21. Deff Not A K Series That One,Pig Of A Engine That One. Loads Of Head Gasket Failures On Them. Loads Knocking On The Road To,Used To Have A Mate That Worked For Rover,Always Had 3 In Workshop Being Rebuilt. New Heads For Over Heating New Liners For Over Heating/Broken Cambelt Rebuilding Cranks For Knocking And Losing Oil Pressure. Best Use For The K......Boat Anchor Remember Its The Engine That Finally Killed Off Rover.
  22. Had A Piper Cross Foam Filter On The Capri For About 4 Months Before The Carb Packed Up,So Decided That I Cant Wait To Fit My 45's Or Afford To Get Another Carb. When I Took The Old Filter Off The Filter Was Almost Completely Burnt Away. The Socks I Had Fitted On The 45's Started To Smolder A Couple Of Days After Fitting Them So They Went Into The Bin.
  23. oliwally

    Sleepers

    But Why FWD
  24. Cheers All Sorted Now
  25. Bugger How Do You Upload Pictures On Posts
×
×
  • Create New...