Jump to content

MexDan

Members
  • Posts

    590
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MexDan

  1. Its the veggie behind you gotta worry about... I've heard their gases put skunks to shame
  2. I would be careful with Posse's definition of cream if I was you All the best mate.. get well soon!
  3. Escorts look great with Lamps on the Front.. As MK1Mex said just crimp up so bullets on the wires leading up to the spots... Make sure you wire the "socket" crimp to the wiring thats staying on the car and the "plug" crimp to the removable lights.. otherwise if you flick the wrong switch you may pop a few fuses!!
  4. Great Pics as always mate... wish I could have been there now!!
  5. I broke down on the way home from picking my escort up!! Stanstead airport to maidstone... came over the bridge, started dying at the tolls and then stopped at the shell garage just outside dartford... fooked off was an understatement!! But it goes like a good'un now so it was worth it
  6. MexDan

    Company Cars

    Here are just a few of the amazing advantages from owning a company car: - It accelerates at a phenomenal rate; - It has a much shorter braking distance than your private car; - It takes speed bumps at twice the speed of private cars; - The battery, radiator water, oil and tyres never have to be checked; - It can always be driven to your destination, even with the oil warning light flashing; - It doesn't need cleaning at all, unlike private cars; - The suspension is reinforced to allow for the weekend loads of bricks, concrete slabs and other building material including trips to the rubbish tip; - Unusual and alarming engine noises are easily eliminated by turning up the radio; - It needs no security system and may be left anywhere, unlocked and with the keys in the ignition; and - It has special food and drink resistant seat material unlike a private car.
  7. Exactly my point mate... couldnt agree with you more
  8. OOOOOO.. So it is.. Well I'm wrong with my first thought then.. Sorry mate.. I just saw it and assumed.. However.. I know they were used on old 4x4s.. so I did some research.. and it turns out the codes on the pump match this Its an Austin Gipsy... Probably a rarer pump so if you find the right person perhaps its worth more than I originally thought... The website which confirms this is your pump via the pump number is: http://www.4wdonline.com/Austin/spec.html Sorry for the fook up... guess this is what ur looking for???
  9. The Fergie TEF runs a 23c Perkins engine.. so the pump would fit anything that runs that engine... I know some of these engines have been converted to generators as they run for ages using very little juice
  10. No worries mate
  11. USE- Rally 1 effectiveness 2 longevity 3 maintenance Basically my input would be.. Dont make something that is sub standard in order to make it cheap for everyone. Although you will need to be no more expensive as other manufacturers, dont think that by undercutting them massively you will do yourself any favours. If its not strong/effective, no matter how cheap it is people whont buy it because of the bad reputation it will get!! Make sure it is strong enough to be used REGUARLY on stages/track/strip. Make sure it goes through heavy testing before marketing because once you have a bad rep it will be almost impossible to shake it off. Obviously the aim would be to make something that can out perform the leading manufacturers, but still be competitively priced.. good luck and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!!
  12. Clean it up a bit mate.. take the rust of the injector pipe mounts... chuck it on ebay and i would say u would make 50 notes pretty easy. Really good ones of these can sell for anything up to £250 ive seen. I wouldnt scrap it if I was u.. they dont make them anymore so can be worth a pretty penny if you find someone whos looking for one
  13. u know youre fergies then dan Gav mate Those bloody things cause me more headaches than anything!!!
  14. cheers matey i found it in my cortina boot Lol.. well freebies always mean you've paid less for a car I always say!! Let me know if you want any more info on it mate
  15. PMSL... I know exactly what that is off.. been rebuilding one for a while now Its the diesel injection pump from a ferguson TEF.. the grey fergie... of the 1950s!! This is where that pump would sit... So not off a Ford mate... not even a ford tractor!! Its worth £30+ in that condition... if u dont want it chuck it on ebay.. it will sell!!
  16. Exactly... Stop standing around and scratching ur arse (sorry Glyn).. One Life-Live It as they say
  17. Mate... MK1/ MK2 turns up on the cheap... I may even let the moths out of the wallet
  18. Classic Prices have become stupid anyway, they do need to drop and yes it will probably happen because of the current "credit crisis". As you say the people who will be hit are investors who buy cars for silly money, as far as I'm concerned I bought my car to drive, not as an investment, so the market can do what it wants... lol To think that cars, houses, whatever can just keep going up in value forever is pretty silly really when you think about it. But everyone seems very shocked this has happened, when it was pretty inevitable really. Also the media has massively hyped the "credit crisis". As much as I do not always agree with the government, they seem to be acting pretty sensibly to bring this crisis to the earliest possible conclusion, one I hope that will not impact people's lifestyle too heavily. If the measures put in place are effective, the markets should return to a "normal" operating state within 1 1/2 to 2 years.. Now I’ve bored everyone, I’ll get my coat…
  19. Happy Birthday Mate!!
  20. Sad... Very fooking sad... I would love to see what he made of the paintwork on my escort.. or failing that let me take his precious, perfect thickness (what a twat) the round ones plastic car around a few stages... Now that would make me smile...
  21. Either: Or
  22. Top 90's "Choon"... crappy video tho.. lol
  23. Are you sure ?, seems very light i thought it seemed a little light too mate... but that is wot the book infront of me says... it has mk2s at curb weight of 880kg. Im guessing its the weight of a mk1 1100... prob a bit lighter than an rs2k
  24. curb weight is 1690pounds... which is about 770kgs 0-60 of a standard... who knows.. lol
  25. Escort Mk1 run between Jan 1968 and Nov 1974 mate anything else u wanna know???
×
×
  • Create New...