Jump to content

grifterkid

Members
  • Posts

    390
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by grifterkid

  1. Absolutely bloody superb sir...!!! I don't suppose you fancy doing mine do you...?!?!?!?!
  2. Come on guys, let's see some more love for this meet please...!!! I really want to get as many Granada's out there as I possibly can and I need you wonderful Old Skool Ford fans to spread the word far and wide... Thanks a million in advance, your help is hugely appreciated...
  3. Nice one Ghia15... I am really hoping to get as many Granada's down there as possible... I really do feel the Granada is the forgotten classic Ford sometimes! Saying that, maybe it's just because there are so few left...
  4. This is quite simply amazing! Now, that's how you launch a car... acYBRboM34g
  5. Now that looks bloody lovely...! What a stunner...
  6. Another Mk1 Granada owner, superb...!!! Let's see some pic's of your glorious car as soon as you can bung some on here... Good luck with the rest of the restoration...
  7. Hello there to each and every one of you good people...! As you may or may not know the glorious Ford Granada is 40 years old this year (as is the roadway conundrum that is Spaghetti Junction incidentally...!) and I have organised a little meeting/shin-dig to help celebrate this major milestone! On Saturday the 12th of May 2012 from 16:00hrs until 23:00hrs the Ace Cafe in London is the venue for a big birthday bash for the Ford Granada (and Consul and Scorpio of course!) and I would love to take this opportunity to say "please come down to help us celebrate"... Whether you are a Granada owner or not (if you are get the Turtle Wax ready!!!) if you can make it to the Ace Cafe please do as I am hoping there will be a great spread of these even greater cars for you to feast your eyes on! They used to be everywhere but now to see one is a pretty major thing as their numbers have severely dwindled in the last couple of decades... The Ace Cafe is here ( Google Maps Link ) so it is relatively easy to get to... I have no competitions/awards planned as such but I think I may surprise a few owners on the day with something vaguely along those lines but I am thinking that I just want everybody to come along with their glorious cars as they are without having to worry about who's is best and what-have-you...!!! Please do all you can to come to this event and please do spread the word far and wide to all other owners of these most wonderful of motors, I really want to make this as good an event as I possibly can... All the very best. Ash For any questions or info' drop me an email... acegranadas@hotmail.co.uk
  8. I am liking the Granada very much indeed sir...
  9. Fantastic...!!! Could a Transcontinental be the ultimate OSF...?!
  10. Well as long as you love Granada's that's alright... Good snaps by the way, there was a shed load of tasty Blue Ovals there...
  11. What has everyone got against Granada's...?!?!?! There were some darn nice ones there yet there are no pictures up on here... I would've taken some myself but it was so busy when I was there I could not get any good shots...!
  12. What has everyone got against Granada's...?!?!?! There were some darn nice ones there yet there are no pictures up on here... I would've taken some myself but it was so busy when I was there I could not get any good shots...!
  13. Can we PLEASE get the classic Ford parking nailed so all the glorious old Fords that are not in the show are all nicely parked in one area so we can ogle them there...?!?!?! I think an attempt was made at that this year but maybe the people who were directing the cars couldn't tell an old Ford from an old chest of drawers...
  14. Holy fudge...!!! This is one of the nicest Granada's (or Consul's?!) I have seen in a long, long time... I need to know more about it...
  15. Sounds superb Jay... Have you got any snaps of it at all...?!
  16. As my favourite OSF is the barge like Mk1 Granada this has to be at the top of my list... Jaw dropping just doesn't cut it...
  17. If we can get a good deal I'd be more than interested...! I do worry about taking my Granada out but to do so is admitting defeat
  18. SCUM, SCUM, B@ST@RD BL*%DY SCUM...!!! I really do hope that motor gets found... I don't like to sound predictable but the track is a popular place for those old Granada's... I will keep everything crossed for your mate...
  19. Way, way back there was a great article about a couple of chaps that had a couple of pre-facelift Mk2 Granada Ghia's... One was a Strato Silver one with Black leather trim (it was an ex-Ford company directors motor) and the other was Diamond White with Blue velour trim (this was rare as it was an Injection model with a manual gearbox)... The article had a slight 'Professionals' theme about it... I reckon it has to be at least 10 years old, if not a couple more on top of that!!! If you could let me know what issue that article is in that would be great as I would love to get a copy of that mag'...
  20. I am desperate to see snaps of the FoMoCo stands at any of the Motor Shows (Earls Courts, Birmingham NEC etc...!) from the 1970's... I am keen to see some super shiny Capri's, Granada's, Escort's etc... I have looked all over the 'net for some suitable snaps but I have not found anything at all... If any of you can point me in the right direction or if you have any pictures you'd be good enough to share that would be superb...
  21. I am desperate to see snaps of the FoMoCo stands at any of the Motor Shows (Earls Courts, Birmingham NEC etc...!) from the 1970's... I am keen to see some super shiny Capri's, Granada's, Escort's etc... I have looked all over the 'net for some suitable snaps but I have not found anything at all... If any of you can point me in the right direction or if you have any pictures you'd be good enough to share that would be superb...
  22. The fuel injection engine was available on the Mk2 Granada from its introduction in 1978... It was only available on the Ghia ans the S but then the S model was dropped and you could order an S pack to add to the GL model (so this is what your car may be?!)... It would be good if we could see some pictures of your car, we don't see enough Granada's on here...
×
×
  • Create New...