mk2_escort_chick Posted June 6, 2007 Report Posted June 6, 2007 Yes my lil Renault gave up the ghost today Needs a new head gasket and we just dont have the space or time to do it. Dad's getting her taken away fromt he local scrappy 2moz I'm really upset. I love that car Cant someone please save her?
ZetecVan 2.0 Posted June 6, 2007 Report Posted June 6, 2007 It's french. They're designed to fall apart and rust.
Jimsiss Posted June 6, 2007 Report Posted June 6, 2007 It's french. They're designed to fall apart and rust. exactly
Jimbob-Squarepants © Posted June 6, 2007 Report Posted June 6, 2007 You know what, I wouldn't have thought twice about agreeing to these lads, because, well, I make no secret about hating French Automobiles... But, my mates Girlfriend has an F reg Renault 5 and it is some car. I drive her down to Portsmouth from Sutton once every 2 weeks (She is a doctor you see), and it will happily sit at 85 Mph all the way. It is only a little 1200cc with believe it or not, 140 odd thousand miles on the clock, and it runs on fresh air. The best bit, me and my mate picked it up from Tulse Hill after he bought it on eBay for... wait for it... £2.70 LOL Since then, it has been ultra reliable, and flown through 2 MoT's without needing work. Got to take my hat of to it, what a car. Sorry to hear about yours Sarah, but as they say, every cloud has a silver lining. You will have to get the Fizz-Pop done doubley quick now wont you???
Admin Vista Posted June 6, 2007 Admin Report Posted June 6, 2007 You know what, I wouldn't have thought twice about agreeing to these lads, because, well, I make no secret about hating French Automobiles... But, my mates Girlfriend has an F reg Renault 5 and it is some car. I drive her down to Portsmouth from Sutton once every 2 weeks (She is a doctor you see), and it will happily sit at 85 Mph all the way. It is only a little 1200cc with believe it or not, 140 odd thousand miles on the clock, and it runs on fresh air. The best bit, me and my mate picked it up from Tulse Hill after he bought it on eBay for... wait for it... £2.70 LOL Since then, it has been ultra reliable, and flown through 2 MoT's without needing work. Got to take my hat of to it, what a car. Sorry to hear about yours Sarah, but as they say, every cloud has a silver lining. You will have to get the Fizz-Pop done doubley quick now wont you??? Ditto, I thought all of the above until I bought a cheap 406 Hdi as a winter hack last October. It's done enormous mileage but runs like a dream and will still return in excess of 45 mpg on an 85mph motorway run, plus it's easily the best equipped and most comfortable car I've ever owned.
mk2_escort_chick Posted June 7, 2007 Author Report Posted June 7, 2007 She lives...well fingers crossed. We're gonna get the work done (£80) and then decide what to do with her after. Apparently it's a common thing on the r5's for the head gasket to go But yes Jimbob, the fez will be done super quick and i'm looking for another cheap runaround after we sell roxy
Burns Posted June 7, 2007 Report Posted June 7, 2007 i'm looking for another cheap runaround after we sell roxy jelly.....
mk2_escort_chick Posted June 7, 2007 Author Report Posted June 7, 2007 i need another car to take over the policy from the renault. direct line (who i'm currently with) wont insure anything pre 1982 and jelly is 1980 It's my 1st yr and I dont want to lose out on building my 1st yrs no claims and i'm not just gonna have the policy with nothing on it. Jelly will get lots of use though
Burns Posted June 7, 2007 Report Posted June 7, 2007 i need another car to take over the policy from the renault. direct line (who i'm currently with) wont insure anything pre 1982 and jelly is 1980 It's my 1st yr and I dont want to lose out on building my 1st yrs no claims and i'm not just gonna have the policy with nothing on it. Jelly will get lots of use though fair enough, pug 106's aren't much?
mk2_escort_chick Posted June 7, 2007 Author Report Posted June 7, 2007 fair enough, pug 106's aren't much? True, I've been having a look on flea bay, auto trader...the usual!
mk2_escort_chick Posted June 7, 2007 Author Report Posted June 7, 2007 They're all options i have been considering. Even been looking at mk6 escorts. I dunno...roxy could stay? I'm undecided. I'll have to see what she's like once the work's been done
Pye Man Posted June 7, 2007 Report Posted June 7, 2007 Aye fair play At least you have a few avenues to try if it does go tits up
mk2_escort_chick Posted June 7, 2007 Author Report Posted June 7, 2007 Yeah true. I'd be gutted to see her go and I wouldn't be able to scrap her
Noodles Posted June 7, 2007 Report Posted June 7, 2007 that r5 was good did a lap of the m25 didnt miss a beat
andrewg1323 Posted June 7, 2007 Report Posted June 7, 2007 £80 fix and you know the car, if you sell the car you;re potentially buying another bag of unknown problems keep it even if it is french
mk2_escort_chick Posted June 7, 2007 Author Report Posted June 7, 2007 £80 fix and you know the car, if you sell the car you;re potentially buying another bag of unknown problems That's what dean said
mk3cokebottle Posted June 7, 2007 Report Posted June 7, 2007 CHEAP XR2 IN THE FOR SALE BIT MATE YOU SHOULD HAVE GOT HOLD OF ME I WOULD HAVE SCRAPPED THE RENAULT
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now