lotusless Posted July 25, 2007 Report Posted July 25, 2007 can anyone give any help??? i am looking for a daily driver as some stupid doris wrote off my c**sa on friday (while it was parked!!!) i want an estate + have been looking at 95 onwards escort estates, but coz of a limited budget (£800) i keep seeing piles of sh**e! i dont want a diesel + my question is what would be the best engine to go for? 1.8 or 1.6 zetec? dont laugh but i also saw a quite nice sierra 2.0 estate!!! i know they are a bit old now but any thoughts on these or should i stick to the escorts???? any ideas welcome.
Admin Vista Posted July 25, 2007 Admin Report Posted July 25, 2007 dont laugh but i also saw a quite nicesierra 2.0 estate!!! I won't if you don't, have you considered a 406 estate? They're very well equipped, have huge amounts of space and are cheap as chips
orionmojo Posted July 25, 2007 Report Posted July 25, 2007 mk1 mondago estate, about 400 quid for a t+T'd one.
Jimbob-Squarepants © Posted July 26, 2007 Report Posted July 26, 2007 I had a Sierra Estate some years ago, and it was a good car. It was a bit underpowered, but it was the 1.6 Pinto. I have had 2 normal Sierras with a 2.0, and they went really well. I have the NSTT as a member of my fleet at the moment... it is a W reg Escort Estate TD... it is a really nice car, but I know what you are saying about the prices of them. If you are going to go petrol, the 1.6 & 1.8 Zetecs are both great engines as long as they are serviced regularly. I have a mate who has... a Mondeo with a 1.8 Zetec. He keeps it religiously maintained, and when I last saw it, it was on 150.000 miles with no signs of giving up. My dad's old Escort which was a 1.6 went on for 130.000 miles before he re-designed the front end in the Blackwall tunnels rush hour traffic But it never let him down... not once. Good luck in your search mate, but if you went for the 1.8, it will be more torquey and will have more power over the 1.6... but both are good engines BTW, I have known Zetecs to plod on to 220.000 miles
orionmojo Posted July 26, 2007 Report Posted July 26, 2007 BTW, I have known Zetecs to plod on to 220.000 miles yeah,my dad reeltly sold a focus dieselwith227,000onthe clock,stillstarted on the button
Gonzo Posted July 26, 2007 Report Posted July 26, 2007 get the sierra. least you can still get the back end out in the wet. or a volvo.
FBF Posted August 8, 2007 Report Posted August 8, 2007 BMW E30 touring. they still look awesome. loads of bits for them and solid like old bmws always are. i sold a really nice one this year for 400 quid with T and T id put a picture up but thats another story..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now