SmokeEm Posted November 21, 2008 Report Posted November 21, 2008 The same member of my staff that got a bit upset last week when brought to task has just sent in a sick note for all of next week coz she had 2 wisdom teeth out yesterday! she was under anesthetic too! Today I can understand but all next week! What has the world come to
stevepeanut Posted November 21, 2008 Report Posted November 21, 2008 Where I work, you dont get sick pay when you are off. So basically, everyone comes to work every day of the year, unless they are so ill they cant crawl out of bed. Our lass works for the council and they get full pay when they are off, and a lot of people take the piss
SmokeEm Posted November 21, 2008 Author Report Posted November 21, 2008 Must admit, I get full pay as do my longer serving members but she only gets full pay after 3 days of SSP. It's not the money, it's just another body down which I could well do without!
pauline Posted November 21, 2008 Report Posted November 21, 2008 had my wisdom teeth out a couple of years ago and it is not nice was bad for a couple of days with it for sweeling and pain.
SmokeEm Posted November 21, 2008 Author Report Posted November 21, 2008 had my wisdom teeth out a couple of years ago and it is not nice was bad for a couple of days with it for sweeling and pain. Which is why I gave her today, Sat & Sun off. 10 days is a bit much never mind, shit happens!
Stu_B Posted November 21, 2008 Report Posted November 21, 2008 I went on a date with a girl a couple of days after having her wisdom teeth out... there was no problem with her mouth
pauline Posted November 21, 2008 Report Posted November 21, 2008 had my wisdom teeth out a couple of years ago and it is not nice was bad for a couple of days with it for sweeling and pain. Which is why I gave her today, Sat & Sun off. 10 days is a bit much never mind, shit happens! is a bit long to have off
mk1mexico Posted November 21, 2008 Report Posted November 21, 2008 PMSl at Stooby, i havent got any wisdom teeth at 25
Admin Vista Posted November 21, 2008 Admin Report Posted November 21, 2008 To be fair I think how long you need off after having wisdom teeth out is down to a number of things 1) How good the surgeon is, i.e. has he operated on them or ripped them out of your jaw with some pliers (mine was the latter) 2) What the individuals pain tolerance threshold is 3) How many were removed and whether they were from the upper or lower jaw. I was back at work after about 4 days but I have known people who couldn't eat solids for a week and were off for for much longer than me.
SmokeEm Posted November 21, 2008 Author Report Posted November 21, 2008 To be fair I think how long you need off after having wisdom teeth out is down to a number of things 1) How good the surgeon is, i.e. has he operated on them or ripped them out of your jaw with some pliers (mine was the latter) 2) What the individuals pain tolerance threshold is 3) How many were removed and whether they were from the upper or lower jaw. I was back at work after about 4 days but I have known people who couldn't eat solids for a week and were off for for much longer than me. I suppose you are right Scott. Just fooked off after last weeks escapades
Admin Vista Posted November 21, 2008 Admin Report Posted November 21, 2008 To be fair I think how long you need off after having wisdom teeth out is down to a number of things 1) How good the surgeon is, i.e. has he operated on them or ripped them out of your jaw with some pliers (mine was the latter) 2) What the individuals pain tolerance threshold is 3) How many were removed and whether they were from the upper or lower jaw. I was back at work after about 4 days but I have known people who couldn't eat solids for a week and were off for for much longer than me. I suppose you are right Scott. Just fooked off after last weeks escapades I don't blame you, she sounds like a right drama queen.
Mrs O/H/C Posted November 21, 2008 Report Posted November 21, 2008 imo.. i think she wants a wage without earning it !! Perhaps after last week escapades she is looking elsewhere for a job
Copey Posted November 21, 2008 Report Posted November 21, 2008 when she comes back have a word, see if you can make her cry again actually dont, that would be really mean, still kinda funny though
X-pack-Glyn Posted November 21, 2008 Report Posted November 21, 2008 i booked a week off when i had the upper two out, i discharged myself from hospital the same day after me old oil pressure dropped a bit low, was down the pub the same night and spent the whole week fishing after.
ZetecVan 2.0 Posted November 21, 2008 Report Posted November 21, 2008 To be fair I think how long you need off after having wisdom teeth out is down to a number of things 1) How good the surgeon is, i.e. has he operated on them or ripped them out of your jaw with some pliers (mine was the latter) 2) What the individuals pain tolerance threshold is 3) How many were removed and whether they were from the upper or lower jaw. I was back at work after about 4 days but I have known people who couldn't eat solids for a week and were off for for much longer than me. I suppose you are right Scott. Just fooked off after last weeks escapades I don't blame you, she sounds like a right drama queen. Yeah, lower jaw wisdom teeth can be a right pain in the arse to get out. I remember having my top ones out, then going straight back into work, and into a meeting with some visitors. I apologised for the cotton wool in my mouth and chipmonk cheeks, then proceeded to dribble coffee all over the table.
marky4 Posted November 21, 2008 Report Posted November 21, 2008 i think someone is taking the piss as i'm self employed i'd be back at work the next day
Posse Posted November 21, 2008 Report Posted November 21, 2008 To be fair I think how long you need off after having wisdom teeth out is down to a number of things 1) How good the surgeon is, i.e. has he operated on them or ripped them out of your jaw with some pliers (mine was the latter) 2) What the individuals pain tolerance threshold is 3) How many were removed and whether they were from the upper or lower jaw. I was back at work after about 4 days but I have known people who couldn't eat solids for a week and were off for for much longer than me. I suppose you are right Scott. Just fooked off after last weeks escapades I don't blame you, she sounds like a right drama queen. most women are Fook im gone did i say that
sab6024 Posted November 21, 2008 Report Posted November 21, 2008 If we're to have work done then my boss wants us to book appointments on our days off and we're expected back to work as normal, dribble or no dribble I'm currently working through a bad back and some strong painkillers but received a text from my boss yesterday asking how my back was, then telling me I couldn't have any time off sick
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now