MK1-got Vin but no reg? Please help!

LincolnDanny

Hi guys, my mate has a mk1 shell thats been languishing for years but it came with no logbook or plates. We removed the strut top repair it had and low and behold the chassis number was luckily still underneath on the original top :mrgreen: How can we find out the original reg for it? . (December 74 shell, 2 door) The final digit looks like a 3 but must be a badly stamped 8 as it isnt the same style font as the other 3's. Shell was definatly originally red :thumbsup:

Please please help, as if we can trace the original reg, hes going to restore it back to totally original :mrgreen:

Thanks in advance guys and gals

regards

Danny

Speak to dvla ............. they will give you a new V5 if all the details are there, you may need verification from your local Ford dealership or a club.

I had a 105E in the same state and they said it wouldn't e a problem.

Not sure if this works any more. As I had an anglia last year without a reg plate I knew the chassis number but DVLA wouldn't issue any logbook on the chassis number alone. Something to do with new prodceures on car crime.

or you could buy one of those v5s on the bay may-be tax exempt one like for a mexico :roll::lol::lol:

Oh yea, you mean the ones load of peeps on here keeps trying to get taken off ebay crying about its illegal, its not right etc. Bit of an own goal isn't it :roll:

or you could buy one of those v5s on the bay may-be tax exempt one like for a mexico :roll::lol::lol:

Oh yea, you mean the ones load of peeps on here keeps trying to get taken off ebay crying about its illegal, its not right etc. Bit of an own goal isn't it :roll:

Shock horror, proof that sometimes buying a V5 isn't a bad thing :shock:

Quick buy one before they remove their heads from their arses and spot this thread :thumbsup:

dont see how mate if i needed a v5 id buy one would'nt think twice,it's a lot harder to go the legal way round thing's,as i understand if the v5 is no longer available for your shell, you have to rebuild it to the spec it came out of the factory and have a sva test dont to get a v5.

the way i see it you int doing any-one any-harm buy buying a v5 your not going out to steal a car your just looking at putting your own car back on the road and it probably happen's more then what we all know :thumbsup:

Quick buy one before they remove their heads from their arses and spot this thread :thumbsup:

I take it wilko or bortaf have never had a car stolen,although it may not seem a problem to you why not have a chat to those unfortunate people who have had cars stolen that disappear off the face of the earth because log books are so readily available from places like ebay etc,do you really think this website would promote illegal activaty :roll:

I bet you it's rare for a stolen car to be rung up with a V5 off ebay. Sad to say I bet the OSFs that got stolen last year when the price of scrap was high are gone forever, they would have been cashed in for scrap with few or no parts being salvaged, just a quick buck. Others will have been dismantled and the parts sold, either way it's too risky for the bastards to put them beck on the road. It doesn't make it right, but there would be less dishonest ways of using an ID you bought.

I take it wilko or bortaf have never had a car stolen,although it may not seem a problem to you why not have a chat to those unfortunate people who have had cars stolen that disappear off the face of the earth because log books are so readily available from places like ebay etc,do you really think this website would promote illegal activaty :roll:

Of course i've had a car stolen 1 i own old fords :roll: and have done for 25 years, no-one is that lucky.

It's the blinkerd "i'm right and no-one can ever have a reason to say differant" thats get me TBH, here's a perfect example of (although illeagal) somone with a good reason will want an I'D.

This isn't the first wont be the last, it's just most people don't air their washing on a public forum and i don't see why i should be 2 faced and say it's wronge when i don't actually think that is allways is :?

Anyway that's it from me, while you lot argue i'm off to buy an ID, ring a car, murder some inocent bystander, eat a dog sandwhich and rape a factory chicken :thumbsup:

As a website, we don't condone that particular activity and that's just the way it is. People can do whatever they want to, Oldskoolford has no interest in what anyone does, unless it directly (or indirectly) affects the site or it's members.

As for me, I'm off to get my head out of my arse :roll: