Kieren, Unfortunatley the Aston came past about 1/2 way up the track :lol: His number plate read 700BHP so I am not surprised he beat me.

Tuomas, Those fibreglass front spoilers are available from the Capri Club in one piece moulding for around £70 or so. The Genuine Ford ones are two piece but are getting hard to find.

• 8 months later...

Thanks to picking up a few bargains at the Arena Essex swap meet and to Kev Jenkins from this site I have installed some NOS in the Capri. Quite simple so far, just got to make a bracket for the throttle microswitch and I`m away.

DSC_00961.jpg

DSC_00941.jpg

• 2 years later...

I haven't had the Capri on the road for about 18 months but that is set to change. I am having the front struts shortened by Gaz so I have got some suspension travel then it is ready for the MOT.  

I will get the nitrous bottle refilled too. I found even with the 30 hp jets it knocked a full second off the 1/4 mile times at the pod (15.3 down to 14.3), so I am looking forward to trying  the 55 hp  ones that are now in place.

At North Weald I am yet to beat 15.0 as the grip isn't as good off the line as at the pod.

I could do with a replacement gearbox too if anyone has one kicking about, it is the type 5 4 speed. It works fine but can jump out of 2nd gear on over run at high rpm.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...