retrorigg Posted January 26, 2010 Report Posted January 26, 2010 what are your top 3 biggest car selling regrets , the ones u wish u still had, my top 3 are only from the last 10 yrs but had to be sold when got skint , your only alllowed 3 remember mine are my mk1 mexico NTD383M sebring red, and a 1968 sunbeam stilleto VHN220G and my mk2 tina 2 door gt XWJ730G there are many others but these are the ones i kick myself about mostly http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 8048_n.jpg http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 1208_n.jpg http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 3345_n.jpg
m1c Posted January 26, 2010 Report Posted January 26, 2010 dont have any pics but in order: 1. A reg mini city. first mini i had, best 998cc engine EVER! did 90mph no probs. 2. 1300 mk2 escort ghia, sold for £400 with t+t a few years ago 3. Reliant scimitar which had huge potential, drove from Berkshire to Blackpool and never missed a beat
bigglesmk2 Posted January 26, 2010 Report Posted January 26, 2010 1. mk3 capri D390 EHU , was mint ran out of mot and the rear brakes needed doing sold £100 2.Mk2 escort 2dr JNR 334V,gave it away as i had now where to keep it. Apparently now rally prepped and wearing a mexico i.d. 3.My green mk2 escort ghia 4dr in my sig pic. It needed loads of work and i was never gonna get round to putting it back on the road ,got £1500 for it last year. I just loved that car is all
cortinasgoneforaburton Posted January 26, 2010 Report Posted January 26, 2010 No pics but my first cortina in 92 a mk5 2.0 gl spent a fortune having it welded up for mot with new brakes shockers void bushes and a paint job all my mates had minis so i put cooper stripes on it my present mk 5 sports a set in its memory i had it 3 months and thrashed it got a new engine but scrapped the lot..... In 95 or96 i bought a mk2 1600e cortina in purple with full test for £500 had it about 6 month sold it for £300 WHY, and finally in 98 i bought a seriously tuned mk3 capri 3.0s out of the loot, the free ads paper the ad read buy engine get free car it was a beast i put a half leather recaro trim in it then a mate offered my a mk3 granny and a bit of cash, and the rest is ......regret.
Grizzley Dell Posted January 26, 2010 Report Posted January 26, 2010 mine have got to be 1. dolomite sprint full rally spec 2. lotus mk1 cortina 3. mint 1300e mk1 escort shell i had 5 years ago, totally original shell, needed no welding and had none. gutted.
Pipster007 Posted January 26, 2010 Report Posted January 26, 2010 I've never owned a car that I worried about selling. I would be upset if I had to sell either my R32 or the RS, both which I presently own
sab6024 Posted January 26, 2010 Report Posted January 26, 2010 My top three are: 1. My Capri 1.6LS, sold it last year and bought a Mk2 Ka for work 2. A red Mk1 Escort which I had nothing but trouble with. Went to my ex who still has her and hillclimbs it now 3. I never sold this car, but my first car, Mk1 Escort, which I rolled one night when I was showing off (to the now ex that has the red one) was gonna do the work but a wall fell on it first....just wish I moved her before to wall accident, I'd probably still have her now
davreeve Posted January 26, 2010 Report Posted January 26, 2010 Mine are : 1 Mk1 mex in olympic blue RCA 328M 2 MK2 rally rep (crashed not sold) PON 14R 3 MK2 estate in venitian red 's' reg sold it in 1992 for 20 pounds
YOUNGY Posted January 26, 2010 Report Posted January 26, 2010 1. Mk2 RS2000 PAY 107R done all the work and then sold it, why i don't know. 2. Mk2 1600e cortina BGP 766H spent a fortune on the engine and box, used to go really well, if i could buy it back i would. 3. Sierra 2.9i ghia 4x4 estate spent loads of money on it, used to be very fast, used to surprise a few people. G699 YGV. Thats just a few of them. If only we knew then what we know now.
Mr2Caps Posted January 27, 2010 Report Posted January 27, 2010 1. My Mk2 XR2 p/exed for a Mk6 Escort Diesel Estate, seemed like a good idea at the time...... 2. Dutton Phaeton S2 which ran a 2.0pinto, sold to a man in Germany, because I wasn't using it enough..... 3.Citroen Dyane, brilliant laugh once you'd wound it up, sold it for £175 with a knackered engine cos I'd had enough of french wierdness....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now