Admin Vista Posted April 8, 2010 Admin Report Posted April 8, 2010 Where do you think all the scrapped cars have ended up? Now we know http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... APPED.html look at the last picture, there's loads of cars there that would do some of the less well off for years. How about offering them for free to people who drive real bangers? i.e. those barely fit for the road that owners can't afford to repair.
zac.gfc Posted April 8, 2010 Report Posted April 8, 2010 All the cars that have nothing wrong with them, just waiting to be scrapped I bet there's cars there that could have been sold for at least £2000
bigdaz27 Posted April 8, 2010 Report Posted April 8, 2010 there was a london cab in that lot yes a metrocab there worth fook all
Stu_B Posted April 8, 2010 Report Posted April 8, 2010 It is shocking! I already own 2 cars but neither of these are suitable for everyday driving. I'm always on the look out for a cheap daily but I can't even stump up £600 which seems to be about the lowest bangers go for... I'll have a free scrappage scheme car & happily TAX & INSURE it
Savvi Posted April 8, 2010 Report Posted April 8, 2010 there was a london cab in that lot yes a metrocab there worth fook all Looks better than the one you have Seriously that is such a waste, i've said on more then one ocassion people who no money drive kids around in cars that should not and are not safe to be on the roads should have the option to swap their car in for one of these.
retrorigg Posted April 8, 2010 Report Posted April 8, 2010 im quite annoyed with the people who part ex,ed there perfectly good car in this scheme all so they can keep up with the joneses , my local scrappy has some lovely cars including classics (11k mile acclaim , split screen minor , minis etc etc that just simply should not have been scrapped
zac.gfc Posted April 8, 2010 Report Posted April 8, 2010 There's a bloke that lives near me with a garden full of rust now mk1 escort estate, a mini clubman and various other mini's Never answered the door when we went there. Nothing would be any good there, the clubman would need a new roof, wings, bonnet from what i can see, probably has grass growing in it
garyv6100e Posted April 8, 2010 Report Posted April 8, 2010 I did use the scrappage scheme to get rid of my old 1992 MX-5 that needed a new clutch , gearbox , hood a top end rebuild and would of needed the sills replacing for the next MOT , the car still ran but would of only been worth £500 so it was the right choice but looking at that picture i have seen a Ford Puma and a Fiat Coupe surley this should have been worth selling and gettind a decent discount
fezza Posted April 8, 2010 Report Posted April 8, 2010 Was quite supprised to see some of the cars,not what i was expecting at all
caprinerd Posted April 8, 2010 Report Posted April 8, 2010 there`s a scrap metal place near me called mellors metals and a c reg capri is sitting in there really clean i know its a laser but unsure if its a 1.6 or 2.0 one owner from new low millage put in there from a local ford dealer on scrappage scheme have asked about it but wont let me touch it criminal
100edave Posted April 9, 2010 Report Posted April 9, 2010 one of the biggest cons ever a load of bankers
Stu_B Posted April 9, 2010 Report Posted April 9, 2010 Not scrappage scheme related but I used to see a cappa driven by an old boy who lived on a caravan site, It was a 2.0s & I'd see it every day, was was always tempted to ask about it. Then one day I saw it had been replaced with a Hyundai Lantra A massive kick in the balls cos I'd just sold one I picked up for free to a local Kebab shop for £350!!
caprinerd Posted April 9, 2010 Report Posted April 9, 2010 i just google mapped it and it seems they are kind of sorting the back log
marky4 Posted April 9, 2010 Report Posted April 9, 2010 how much of tax payers money has it cost to store them all there
ilovegrannys Posted April 10, 2010 Report Posted April 10, 2010 Do i see a MK2 Granny in the second pic (top right).
bigdaz27 Posted April 10, 2010 Report Posted April 10, 2010 Do i see a MK2 Granny in the second pic (top right). looks like an old shape bmw 5 series to me
mr squidian Posted April 10, 2010 Report Posted April 10, 2010 what a shame =[ some nice pumas and stuff in there..
mk3cokebottle Posted April 10, 2010 Report Posted April 10, 2010 It is shocking! I already own 2 cars but neither of these are suitable for everyday driving. I'm always on the look out for a cheap daily but I can't even stump up £600 which seems to be about the lowest bangers go for... I'll have a free scrappage scheme car & happily TAX & INSURE it let me know what you have available for a smoker mate and i will get you one for no probs i sell cars from £250
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now