petrolhead Posted July 17, 2010 Report Posted July 17, 2010 ....were the words I uttered to my wife as I walked out at 4:30pm. I really did just want to warm the oil before I changed it. Then I decided to do the 'Roundabouts' near me, a lovely 2 km stretch of road broken up by some roundabouts. So I did that at a 'good' pace then on the way back I see Tom in his white Mk2 coming the other way. We park up have a chat, talk about engines, brakes, turbochargers, suspension etc etc. Then we come up with the idea of doing a roundabout test to see how the handling of each car compares. Anyway, it doesn't matter if Tom is in front of you or in your rear view, accelerating or braking - he is always going sideways at some point. There was a kit car behnd us that dropped off the pace, but when we got back someone had overfilled his car with oil I would have helped him but I had to go home I had been out an hour. So I took the picture, got sworn at and left him cleaning up for the next hour. Then posted this later, sorry Tom. You know who your mates are
Tom Posted July 18, 2010 Report Posted July 18, 2010 Git. I'm gonna have to give that engine a check over as it did it again on the way to santa pod this morning - with the correct oil level!!! seemed ok on the way back I think you out handled me due to your tyres matt, i could not get any grip up the strip today. So, Tyre recommendations please
Mk 1 Mark Posted July 18, 2010 Report Posted July 18, 2010 Git. I'm gonna have to give that engine a check over as it did it again on the way to santa pod this morning - with the correct oil level!!! seemed ok on the way back I think you out handled me due to your tyres matt, i could not get any grip up the strip today. So, Tyre recommendations please Tom toyo R888 best road tyres for grip bar none imho
2litreScapri Posted July 18, 2010 Report Posted July 18, 2010 Nice, wish I could do that round my area, I bet if I did it somebody would report me & I'd be busted
petrolhead Posted July 18, 2010 Author Report Posted July 18, 2010 2litreScapri - if your in Surrey you can't be too far away from us. PM me your location. Tom - its those crusty dunlops you've got. 888's or Yokohama's IMO
NeilT Posted July 18, 2010 Report Posted July 18, 2010 sounds like the perfect way to spend an afternoon cracking stuff!! shame about the oil surging
Toby Posted July 19, 2010 Report Posted July 19, 2010 Tom toyo R888 best road tyres for grip bar none imho Not tried those but love Yoko 048's I've run 13.00 on them. I run the medium hardness compound and they seem to wear reasonbly well too. As I say, I can't speak for the 888's Have you "back to backed" them Mark?
Fiesta Steve Posted July 19, 2010 Report Posted July 19, 2010 Thats what happens to an XE when it tries to keep with a Crossflow
rallyesport04 Posted July 19, 2010 Report Posted July 19, 2010 had yoko's but not road legal track day yokos there good but the r888 toyo is in a differant leugue altogether they dont last very long tho
petrolhead Posted July 19, 2010 Author Report Posted July 19, 2010 Thats what happens to an XE when it tries to keep with a Crossflow pmsl He's got sideways fever, he just can't help himself.
arch Posted July 20, 2010 Report Posted July 20, 2010 jus get some tyre softner on them. and yes it does exist.
Tom Posted July 22, 2010 Report Posted July 22, 2010 lol, tis true I love a wind down windscreen but i'm sure a little more grip wouldn't hurt. Steve - at least mine's on the road
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now