cureer change

bigdaz27

ive been a taxi driver for 6 years and im starting to get pissed of with it the local council are really starting to piss me of and of late im having to do more and more hours so im thinking of a change i like driving so im thinking of doing a hgv test and becoming a hgv driver so if any hgv drivers would like to share there opinions on the job i would be very grateful

blimey don't bother stick to your taxi less rules n regs driving a car then a hgv.been driving hgv 1 and coaches etc etc for 20 odd years now and it.s getting worse n worse,so seriously think about it, :thumbsup: as the saying goes better the devil you no..

and i bet you havent had to pay out nearly £5000 in legal fees to keep your job

Why, did you run someone over several times?

Waht about working for yourself as a cabbie, or private hire care for airport runs, semi exec etc etc?

I do work for my self and because I was a bit stupid in my youth and got police record they tried to take my badge of me they took me to court and the magistrate took my side that cost me £2000 then I had to drive threw a flood and got some people wet I was going slow but the water was 2ft deep and back to court we go another wast of time and £800 then this year they said I was an unfit person to be a taxi driver cos I have a record they already tried this in 2007 and lost and guess what they lost again £2250 a friend of mine was taken to court for having 13 points all for speeding all the points were expired some were 10 years old he just never got them removed

£6000 he was Lucky and the magistrates told the council to pay this is why I don't want to do the fooking job any more

I am a Mini Cab driver in London.

£200 a month insurance.

£500 a month Rent to the office, (for the work supplied to me)

£600 a month fuel (average).

Plus £115 a year cab license, 2 MOT's a year, £500 every 3 years for my license and medical, tax and running costs and all that before I have a penny for myself.

And yes the drunken turds, if I had a gun :mrgreen:

if you like driving, i'm currently driving the tesco delivery vans to peoples houses etc,

just drop off their shopping etc and on to the next house,

pay isn't too bad, i started at 9 am yesterday, and didn't need to leave tesco till 10 so had 1 hour of just loading the van up,

had luch from 2-3 and my next trip didn't start till 5 so another 2 hours getting paid do very little, just loaded my van and another,

pay isn't bad, benifits are good, can get some hassel off twats in council flats, but not too bad overall.

day shift is 9-7 and evening shifts ar 7-11,

saturday and sundays shifts also run, and there always loads of overtime.

if you like driving, i'm currently driving the tesco delivery vans to peoples houses etc,

just drop off their shopping etc and on to the next house,

pay isn't too bad, i started at 9 am yesterday, and didn't need to leave tesco till 10 so had 1 hour of just loading the van up,

had luch from 2-3 and my next trip didn't start till 5 so another 2 hours getting paid do very little, just loaded my van and another,

pay isn't bad, benifits are good, can get some hassel off twats in council flats, but not too bad overall.

day shift is 9-7 and evening shifts ar 7-11,

saturday and sundays shifts also run, and there always loads of overtime.

how do you go about getting that job it sounds good

i would like to get a driving job i only have a car licence (passed my test in 1989 so can drive upto 7.5 tonne)

was thinking about taxi but id already thought about getting drunk awkward people and i couldnt cope with that

Thought about driver hire? we use them with work. if we need somehting delivering to site ( we are signmakers by the way) then get a driver hire in, they drive our vehicle, drop the stuff off with the guys on site then drive back. Dont know what pay is like but some of the cars the driver hire people turn up in are well nice so cant be bad. Just a thought. assume its like working for an agency. hope that helps. LG

I am a Mini Cab driver in London.

£200 a month insurance.

£500 a month Rent to the office, (for the work supplied to me)

£600 a month fuel (average).

Plus £115 a year cab license, 2 MOT's a year, £500 every 3 years for my license and medical, tax and running costs and all that before I have a penny for myself.

And yes the drunken turds, if I had a gun :mrgreen:

:shock: bloody hell I'm supprised you have awt left at the end of the month

Most small business's have those sort of cost's, people just don't seem to realise it.

I have to take £200 a day just to pay the bills, advertising, tax, insurance workshop rent etc. etc. yet take home less then most people who have a normal job.

Again it's only me to earn the money and yet people moan cos i charge £45 for a call out to use upto £10k worth of equipment to repair their car !!!

As for the driving i think the delivery job sounds good, you don't have to take any test's and it's still driving which you like.

hgv driving is dead.....no work has been for the last 2 years...or unless you want to work for peanuts and work max hours....my mate who ran his own driving agy for 30 odd years has now changed his company to something completely different has no work around

hgv driving is dead.....no work has been for the last 2 years...or unless you want to work for peanuts and work max hours....my mate who ran his own driving agy for 30 odd years has now changed his company to something completely different has no work around

theres a shortage in oxfordshire every agency buy me always has boards out asking for hgv drivers

i used to work for driver hire at one point and they found it hard to get work....to the point i got made redundant after 5 years working for them

most agy cant offer f/t work.....1 day here 2 here and so forth and never have constant work....they are always looking for drivers has they have a huge turn over of people has they cant find suitable people for the position for a certain type of driver for a specific category

or company's try and get drivers to break driving laws .....on the 3rd day working for a co :roll::upyours: to those people

im going to stop their before i rant :lol:

i drive a lorry during the day and my taxi 3 nights a week. its quite costly to do, you have to do class 2 and then class 1 . there is work for class2 grab drivers on utility work but its another ticket you got to pay for.the taxi is rubbish at the moment but it gives a bit extra money

i drive a lorry during the day and my taxi 3 nights a week. its quite costly to do, you have to do class 2 and then class 1 . there is work for class2 grab drivers on utility work but its another ticket you got to pay for.the taxi is rubbish at the moment but it gives a bit extra money

Doesn't that take you outside your hours?

Yes you have to do class 2 then class 2 it's costs about £2500 to do both I don't no if I'm going to do at the moment as my wife goes to collage in September and I'm going to have to work around her as I will have to look after my kids and that will be easier me being a cab driver