Online shopping ...

Mk2Jo

... this year is the first that I have done the majority of my Crimbo shopping online. Had it all delivered to my work address to save having to be carded at home and then going to depot's to pick stuff up :thumbsup:

Some of the stuff arrived later than expected due to weather conditions everywhere else in the country :roll: Thank fook I ordered it early enough ... there's no way I am ordering anything else online now even though the companies are saying we have into next week to order for delivery before Xmas :?

It's just not the same though is it .... I LIKE wandering round the shops and browsing for stuff ... makes me feel more Christmassy .. online is a bit dull really :lol::lol:

Anyone else done the online thing this year? Good or bad experiences?

To be honest ... as most of you are blokes on here I am expecting the majority to say that you do it all on Christmas Eve :lol::lol::lol:

I did all the xmas shopping online a few years ago whivh was great as i did not have the stress of going into town..but like you Jo i felt it was not the same. :(

So this year i went into Truro this week and shopped until i could not hold anymore bags but the town was full of xmas spirit and i loved being able to browse :D

i did a mix of online and in town! some stuff i wanted to get for people turned out to be alot cheaper in town, but some stuff i could only get online, so i guess its the best of both worlds?? although i agree, shopping in town is awful at the best of times, especially christmas, i spent 3 hours in basingstoke shopping with the mrs for everyone and was in such a foul mood by the time i got home!

ive done all mine up to now in Derby and Chesterfield but need to go again to get the rest which will be a first thing in the morning job or after work as they will be open till 9 or 10 at night. i hate it with a passion though as the queues are massive and people are just blindly wandering around getting in the way. usually get most online but didnt want to trust it this year

i spent 3 hours in basingstoke shopping with the mrs for everyone and was in such a foul mood by the time i got home!

that will be me on Sunday - am going there to finish the rest :mrgreen:

its so much worse on Sundays at the moment, it was last sunday i was there, even trying to get outta the car park drove me round the chuffing bend!

done all mine 3 weeks ago all wraped and as my son is now 5 yrs old i have got HIM :wink: a scalelectrix and a remote control car :D i have only one problem hiding it all from him untill the fat red faced bearded twat comes along and gets all the credit :? having a kid i see christmass in a different light :roll: