OMG how is it I've never seen this???

over_head_cam

I've heard of the van but never seen that clip before. It was dismantled in the end wasn't it?

I know it was a modern version but that transit that Hammond used on TG on Sunday to kick the Holden's behind looked pretty mean. A twin turbo XJ220 lump mid mounted in the same place as supervans? 8)

I know it was a modern version but that transit that Hammond used on TG on Sunday to kick the Holden's behind looked pretty mean. A twin turbo XJ220 lump mid mounted in the same place as supervans? 8)

you tube justin law transit :mrgreen: there a great onboard video,the sound is awsome

I've heard of the van but never seen that clip before. It was dismantled in the end wasn't it?

that was the road testbed for one of the super jags XJ220 ??? been raced at the goodwood revival for the last 3 or so years :thumbsup:

did go well didn't it :mrgreen: you should see it go up the hill at goodwood :lol:

one of my lecturers at uni, geoff godard, was involved with designing the engine in that jag. He told us one lecture how they had to road test the engine but couldnt take the actual car out so dropped it in the back of a transit. He said they had great fun drag racing off the lights against loads of people who didnt have a clue. LG

• 4 months later...
one of my lecturers at uni, geoff godard, was involved with designing the engine in that jag. He told us one lecture how they had to road test the engine but couldnt take the actual car out so dropped it in the back of a transit. He said they had great fun drag racing off the lights against loads of people who didnt have a clue. LG

I saw that van (or one similar) whilst i was working at milbrook testing ground in the 90s. There were a few xj220's on the high speed bowl when i was on there with an astre gte.They went past me like i was standing still, and i was doing 120 at the time :P . Later on that day we saw a battered old white transit lining up on the 1/4 mile straight. we thought it was some blokes havivng a laugh until it took off :shock: . Turns out it was jag engineers testing the running gear and engine from the xj220 mounted in the van, like you said so they could road test it. Shame they searched us for cameras on the way in, would have loved a pic of it 8)