mk1estate Posted April 18, 2011 Report Posted April 18, 2011 thinking of getting a bmw x3 doed anyone know of anything that i should be looking out for. I cant afford a new one so a 2nd hand one will do but what shall i be looking for ie whats the best year etc, it will prob be a 2ltr diesel, what are they like for towing? etc etc any help will be relly welcome, what sort of price
Admin Vista Posted April 22, 2011 Admin Report Posted April 22, 2011 I've never owned one so my opinion is based on hearsay and what I've read about them in magazines and a BMW forum I use. If you want to go off roading, they're not very good. If you don't want to go off roading then why not buy a conventional car for the better fuel economy and performance? See if this helps http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/bmw/x3-e83-2004/
willsy Posted April 22, 2011 Report Posted April 22, 2011 Have to say from my experience an awful ride on the road, watch out for big wheels and run flat tyres, they are expensive and make the ride even worse. Sorry mate
mk1estate Posted April 22, 2011 Author Report Posted April 22, 2011 I have a pinin 4x4 at present so i know most 4x4 aint that good on the road but some seem better than others. I originally got a 4x4 as i used to have to go down a really rough dirt track maybe twice a week and sometimes in the winter months it was near impossible to get through unless you had a 4x4 but now i dont need to use that track anymore but the wife has got so used to sitting up high that she wont go back to a saloon car now, plus the fact that i sometimes need to tow a trailer around (sambo's car to track days). Ant views would be welcome
BaileyMex Posted April 22, 2011 Report Posted April 22, 2011 My Sister in law has one, and I must say I'm not that impressed, I think I'd save a little more and try the X5, but I've not been in one
willsy Posted April 23, 2011 Report Posted April 23, 2011 As Scott said, save yourself a bit of money and buy a 320d. A far better car and more for your money mate.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now