Pipster007 Posted January 19, 2007 Report Posted January 19, 2007 The Capper returns to the land of the living. After many months without being behind the wheel of the beast, I can finally forsee a day when I can start driving it again. As many know it was running like a pig. I replaced all serviceable items, another fuel pump was fitted and the turbo was refurbed at Turbo Technics and still the car ran like a sack of s**t. So I parked it up removed the tax and generally got fooked off with it, and off the road it's remained for the last 5 months The problem ended up being the metering head was fooked, causing a misfire type effect. The car wouldn't pull and was just gutless. Colin and Joe finally got it running again today, and it's running as sweet as a nut. guys. Now all it needs is an MOT and tax. It'll be booked in for the MOT in a couple of weeks, as I'll be on day shift next week, then tax it from the 1st Feb. Looks like it's 1st outing will be the Cortina meet at the Marquiss in Esher on the 14th
Guest M.Bird DOHC Posted January 19, 2007 Report Posted January 19, 2007 Well done col and not so little jo! You two love it!
Col-ashtonmobile Posted January 19, 2007 Report Posted January 19, 2007 your very welcome m8 , now dont forget wot i said about the 50p on the engine test
Col-ashtonmobile Posted January 19, 2007 Report Posted January 19, 2007 Eh? we not confused are we tom LOL
emu Posted January 19, 2007 Report Posted January 19, 2007 BMW advertised one of their cars with a coin on the engine years ago didnt they?
emu Posted January 19, 2007 Report Posted January 19, 2007 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RUSDbDMHAs bit like this in fact
Col-ashtonmobile Posted January 20, 2007 Report Posted January 20, 2007 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RUSDbDMHAs bit like this in fact spot on richard there you go tom thats what i meant
Pipster007 Posted January 21, 2007 Author Report Posted January 21, 2007 The V6 meastros strikes again I didn't know that Austin fitted a V6 into a Maestro The other little prob that I had with the Capri, is the rad is fooked. Luckily I have given it to Neil at 105E Speed to re-core or replace. So there's another thanx to another OSF member. Isn't it great to have so many helpful helpers
bomber1 Posted January 21, 2007 Report Posted January 21, 2007 nice one pipster be nice to see the capper good to see how help full every one on the site is
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now