Posse Posted June 9, 2011 Report Posted June 9, 2011 Just listening to the news people earning £17 less a month than 2007 And the cost of living has gone up £700 a year from last year I think we are fooked
ZetecVan 2.0 Posted June 9, 2011 Report Posted June 9, 2011 I know what you mean. I go to the shop to get a few bits and it easily costs a tenner. When I were a lad....
andy a Posted June 9, 2011 Report Posted June 9, 2011 I can remember the days of 20 Gold Mark for 99p and 2 litres of Happy Shopper cola for 29p (never could work out why a litre was only 4p cheaper though), a chip butty down the local chippie was 30p at dinner time as well. Look at it now, quid for a can of coke, nearly 7 quid for 20 smokes and I dont think chippies even do butties anymore , £1.58 for the dodgy dinner and smokes in 1989 would now cost you a tenner, must be getting old...
Retromotorsport Posted June 9, 2011 Report Posted June 9, 2011 The media does love a scare story .. like at the begining of the ressession, reporting on 140 jobs going at a coach company but not repoerting that 80% where being re-located ...and on the same day a new business park opened with 1200 jobs created .. AS for the drop in average wages.. yeah, Simon Cowel earned 10 million less this year, along with a few other millionaires, the rest of us mere mortals.. no wages drop. So its easy to get the £17 And then you look at the £700 per year increase in spending, again mr Average has to spend £2.50 more per £100, but Mr Cowel has to spend £25,000 more per Million ..
andy a Posted June 9, 2011 Report Posted June 9, 2011 Mr Cowel has to spend £25,000 more per Million .. I feel sorry for him, must be a struggle...
accord83 Posted June 10, 2011 Report Posted June 10, 2011 It is, he's always round our house trying to borrow a cup of sugar.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now