mk2_escort_chick Posted January 31, 2007 Report Posted January 31, 2007 the last year of registration for mk2 escorts?
Admin Mk2Jo Posted January 31, 2007 Admin Report Posted January 31, 2007 Nope .... mine was made in 1979 and Ian's is 1980 with his white RS. I think it must have been about W reg which is 1980/81 but I would not put money on that ..... I'm sure that the MK3 came in from X reg on wards
Admin Mk2Jo Posted January 31, 2007 Admin Report Posted January 31, 2007 Just found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Escort_%28European%29
DEP Posted January 31, 2007 Report Posted January 31, 2007 I ve got it in one of my Escorts books, that some people bought cars but did nt register them till 1982 making them an "X" plate. I m sure Tim will clarify this
tim Posted January 31, 2007 Report Posted January 31, 2007 there are some x plates but these were 1s held in dealer ships and register later,last build was sme time in 81 i believe
RETRO_AL Posted January 31, 2007 Report Posted January 31, 2007 i rember a bloke from kirby in ashfield with a A reg mk2
SAMMYBOY Posted January 31, 2007 Report Posted January 31, 2007 My mate, who i havent seen for a while actually... Has a reg document for a mk2 rs, on an x plate..Think it was an imported car or something..Need to get in touch with him now, cant remember the full story.
antz Posted January 31, 2007 Report Posted January 31, 2007 mine was registered on 21st september 1980 so they were still around on that date
atomic punk Posted January 31, 2007 Report Posted January 31, 2007 Officially production ended in August 1980, with Mk3 kicking off in September. Though doubtless there were a few that were kicking around unregistered into 1981.
mk2_escort_chick Posted January 31, 2007 Author Report Posted January 31, 2007 Thanks everybody! I thought it was around 1980- because thats when dean's was registered.
J_mk1 Posted January 31, 2007 Report Posted January 31, 2007 are u thinkin about getting your own mk2 anytime soon mk2 escort chick? lol
mk2_escort_chick Posted January 31, 2007 Author Report Posted January 31, 2007 Not until nov 1st when my insurance runs out! Direct line wont insure me on anything earlier than 1982 So I'm looking for a capri- cheap and fairly decent. I need it for london 2 brighton...otherwise i'll be passenger for dean. I don't mind being passenger but i want a plaque of my own and coz its the 1st yr- i wanna look bk and say "I was part of that!" Sad I know
PIG Posted February 1, 2007 Report Posted February 1, 2007 end of 1980 i think and i think there was something like 20 odd cars that where on x'plates.but i may be wrong
60ftman Posted February 1, 2007 Report Posted February 1, 2007 Mine was made in 1980...........Then again in 2002...........Then again last year............
escort new boy Posted February 1, 2007 Report Posted February 1, 2007 Ant's your's was registerd on my birthday.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now