Admin Vista Posted February 12, 2013 Admin Report Posted February 12, 2013 OK, as you can't post in an announcement (I learn something new every day) which the main poll is, please discuss any opinions here but remember to vote in the poll at the link below viewtopic.php?f=68&t=139512
Stiggy Posted February 12, 2013 Report Posted February 12, 2013 No option to vote ??? Plus its locked.
Admin Vista Posted February 12, 2013 Author Admin Report Posted February 12, 2013 No option to vote ??? Plus its locked. What do you mean no option to vote? 30 people have voted, click the link and the poll is at the top. It's locked as it's an announcement and there's no way to unlock one of those, hence this parallel thread for discussion.
Mrs O/H/C Posted February 12, 2013 Report Posted February 12, 2013 Can't see an option to vote via Tapatalk ... Or is it me being blonde ?
Admin Vista Posted February 12, 2013 Author Admin Report Posted February 12, 2013 I don't know if tapatalk supports polls Lee. Stiggy, are you sure you haven't voted already by mistake? Or selected "show poll result" If not, I'm confused. Perhaps try one of the other skins?
Stiggy Posted February 13, 2013 Report Posted February 13, 2013 Don't know mate. Worked when I went back. Notifications working now as well ???
Admin Vista Posted February 13, 2013 Author Admin Report Posted February 13, 2013 Don't know mate. Worked when I went back. Notifications working now as well ??? We got the notifications fixed yesterday. OK, the poll is now unlocked (not sure why it wouldn't unlock for me ) so the discussion can continue there.
puddy Posted February 13, 2013 Report Posted February 13, 2013 I voted stay as you are, osf will end up like just another general car site imho. You will lose your 'usp' and I think it will ultimately dilute the site and not enrich it. Look at classic ford day at the pod, a shadow of its former self a few years ago since the plastics took over. Look at the Ace meet, completely fell apart once there was no longer a majority osf presence. Sorry if this pi**es some people off,but there are already loads of sites that cater for the later cars. puddy
theloudboy Posted February 13, 2013 Report Posted February 13, 2013 Its locked for me how do i get it unlocked to vote and post cheers.
theloudboy Posted February 13, 2013 Report Posted February 13, 2013 Its locked for me how do i get it unlocked to vote and post cheers. Sorted now vote done and had my say.
w p e Posted February 13, 2013 Report Posted February 13, 2013 I CAN vote and comment on the announcement you put up scott but them i am special
Admin Mk2Jo Posted February 13, 2013 Admin Report Posted February 13, 2013 Puddy, we're not having any internal debates. Our opinions differ actually on some aspects of this vote but we will go with the majority vote. We know we cannot please everyone but we have to act for the good of the majority whatever that may result in
Mr2Caps Posted February 13, 2013 Report Posted February 13, 2013 I can't seem to vote or comment as its locked?
Admin Vista Posted February 14, 2013 Author Admin Report Posted February 14, 2013 I can't seem to vote or comment as its locked? A few people have said that and then go back again later and can vote. I'm not sure why that is.
MK2Ed Posted February 14, 2013 Report Posted February 14, 2013 I guess it’s also a case of where the overseers of the forum see where the site is heading. Businesses expand their portfolio to appeal to new markets, change their image/brand and attempt new marketing ideas to grow the business or in some cases help rescue it. I don’t know or monitor numbers on OSF or posts so unsure what the numbers are like but social media may be a risk to forums is a guess, I don’t know for sure as I don’t do social media. So only advice I’d say is it’s a management call too – good luck with whatever’s decided…
popeye Posted February 14, 2013 Report Posted February 14, 2013 I joined this forum/club because it's OLDSKOOLFORD....the names on the tee shirt BUT... there are a lot of plastics out there and many excellent examples so why not have a section on the site just for them
Admin Mk2Jo Posted February 14, 2013 Admin Report Posted February 14, 2013 Old skool means different things to different people though
willsy Posted February 14, 2013 Report Posted February 14, 2013 Next thing we will have people on here talking about turbos
turnover Posted February 14, 2013 Report Posted February 14, 2013 Next thing we will have people on here talking about turbos Err come on you know that's not oldskool
MK2Ed Posted February 15, 2013 Report Posted February 15, 2013 Next thing we will have people on here talking about turbos Or Zetecs
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now