Slik 50 Posted February 6, 2007 Report Posted February 6, 2007 Me car has gone into the garage for a spot of fettalin so I had to borow the works astra. Now I understand that I am in quit a fortunate position to be able to borrow a car while mine gets fixed but the dam thing is bloody fustrating to drive and every time I get behind the wheel I have the greatest urdge to drive it straight into the nearest wall! The main anoying "feature" that the shed boasts is when you are coming down the slip road off the motorway, when you touch the brakes the stereo decides to lower its volume WTF? Now does anyone elses car do that or is it just this peice of sh*t? I am not looking forward to leaving work tonight
Jimbob-Squarepants © Posted February 6, 2007 Report Posted February 6, 2007 Yes mate, the majority of modern cars have stereo's like that now. Basically, when your speed increases so does road noise etc. So the stereo compensates for this by raising it's volume. Obviously, when you slow down, it quietens. Try it with the window open, you will get deafened. BTW, what year is the Ashtray??? I used to drive all sorts of cars for my job some years ago, and I was lucky enough to drive one of the first Mk4 Ashtrays. I found out quite quickly about a fault that Pauxhall rectified pretty sharpish. It is to do with the internal air vents. When you drive along, they have a mind of their own and move around, I kept moving them back thinking "I am sure I have already done that" I thought I was going mad
Slik 50 Posted February 6, 2007 Author Report Posted February 6, 2007 its on an "X" so about 2000-01 but it drives me mad, its like it has been specifically designed for women,I mean that when Im sat in it my knees are so jamed in between the center console and the steering wheel that I can not turn the wheel with out letting go of it with my left hand, if that make's any sense? It handles like Rick waller doing the hundred meter sprint, And has the exelaration of an oil tanker. Why any one wants to go out and buy a new astra is beyond me
Jimbob-Squarepants © Posted February 6, 2007 Report Posted February 6, 2007 I know what you mean about the driving position, it was a bit wierd. On the other hand, the Mk4 Ashtray was and I suppose, still is the only Pauxhall I liked. (Apart from the 60's & 70's Classic's) Someone once said, "If you want to kill your passion for driving, get a Mk3 Astra", that is very very true, but I found the Mk4 alot better!!!
Mr Sam Posted February 6, 2007 Report Posted February 6, 2007 PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!! does it have that door lock thing, when you hit 5mph all the doors automatically lock
atomic punk Posted February 6, 2007 Report Posted February 6, 2007 I had one of those and I am pleased to say that I killed it Bloody thing noisy and unreliable
Mr Sam Posted February 6, 2007 Report Posted February 6, 2007 down a local cruise the other week an astra on a 52/3 plate its speedo was stuck on 30mph LOL'age you gotta love vauxhalls
orionmojo Posted February 6, 2007 Report Posted February 6, 2007 same as the mk3 golf. i'm only 6ft but when i use it for work i have the seat right back and i have to duck right down to see traffic lights no need to use the sun visors poxy power steering, i can use with one finger, it feels like it has jelly for supension and the clutch has about 2ft of lift before it bites rubbish.
johnny_h Posted February 6, 2007 Report Posted February 6, 2007 I know what you mean about the driving position, it was a bit wierd. On the other hand, the Mk4 Ashtray was and I suppose, still is the only Pauxhall I liked. (Apart from the 60's & 70's Classic's) Someone once said, "If you want to kill your passion for driving, get a Mk3 Astra", that is very very true, but I found the Mk4 alot better!!! That was me. I still drive it 80 miles round trip on the M25 daily
Trevmk3 Posted February 7, 2007 Report Posted February 7, 2007 heres mine the seat has a lever on the side so it lowers down and moves back (well mine has) and it didnt give me much hassle being 6'5". i agree about the handling it is abit crap at times and it was designed with help from lotus. mine didnt have that road noise thing with the radio though thank god
Slik 50 Posted February 7, 2007 Author Report Posted February 7, 2007 heres mine Hopefully mine will look like that at the end of the week
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now