Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Moderator
Posted

Was responding to a thread in the technical section and I decided to open the packet of my double width kit that I purchased over a year ago but hadnt touched. It was sold as for a Mk2 Escort but these brackets would locate the front stabiliser bar considerably further back some 30mm than the stadard brackets on the car, basically removing all caster. However When I checked out the brackets with my Twincam its bar is located further back on its standard mounts so the double width kit would fit it well.

 

So as the question in the title asks, are double width kits meant to be used with the Twincam bar as the 22mm thick Mk2 one simply wouldnt work with them.

 

The irony is that I decided against a double width kit as it lowers the bar and decreases caster but makes use of your original bar brackets. This double width kit however would decrease the caster way way more than the anti dive kit would doesnt make any sense. They are marketed for Mk2s on all the shop websites so am I missing something? The 22mm bars are an RS item and standard on my car, but I have looked at several Mk2 brackets and they seem to mount the bar further forward too. Any ideas guys?

 

  • Moderator
Posted

You can get them for twin can bars or std bars , just have to make sure you get the right combination has you have noticed.

 

Thanks for that but Im wondering if the stores that sell hem realise this. The one I ordered was meant for a Mk2 Escort which it clearly wont fit. And now that I know what to look for all the stores that sell them have the wrong one pictured. I cant seem to see anyone that has the correct one.

  • Moderator
Posted

Peter Lloyd Rallying supplied mine, labelled for std/RS2000 ARBs.

Thanks so much for that, they are both listed there. Excellent!  Mine came from Burtons and they only have the one listed and there is no mention its only usable with Twincam bars it just says Mk1/2. Its been in a box for ages and only bothered to open it yesterday to fit and just realised the problem. Too late to return it now unfortunately.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...